Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Distance casting reel for Boddingtons, Earlswood and the like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance casting reel for Boddingtons, Earlswood and the like

Just bought a Shimano Beastmaster heavy feeder 13ft and Im looking for a reel to team up with it for distance casting? Any recomendations from you guys who fish places like this regular? Ive also got a 12ft Barbel rod which Im thinking of giving a try too to see which is best suited for me

hi frisky I use tdr reels at Boddingtons, Earlswood spot on for me m8.

Comment

Some one else said TDR but my local doesnt stock them and I like to have a look before I buy. I will have to try and spot some one using one

Comment

TDR will cost about £170 dicounted £245 RRP
        Daiwa EXELLER 3000 or 4000 loads winding power Brilliant Heavy feeder reel £99 RRP
        Colin

Comment

Daiwa TDM 4012 around £100

Comment

Hiya, worth a mention if you are spending £000's on a reel your going to have to buy some distance line, worth putting this in as a what if... for example

I use an 8000 shimano baitrunner with 6 and 8lb power line £7 150 mtrs this chucks as far as I need anywhere. I make the point that the 8000 is not built for long distance but it has a large enough spool, carries enough line and has a decent retrieve rate. is a bit heavy to hold all day but then im using a 13ft rod so it works for me.

Your barbel rod, with a 8000/6000 baitrunner 10lb shock and 5lb main would wang a method no doubt

Preston inception 4000 looks the business worth a look.

Happy hunting

Comment

Working...
            X