Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishing Banded Casters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Banded Casters

I have heard about this method but trying to figure out how exactly the set the rig up at the hook end.

Any info would be great as I prefer fishing for silvers over carp.

Cheers
    Team DT Floats - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DT.Floats/

Team BagEm Matchbaits

You could hook a small band to maintain the advantages to presentation that a spade hook offers or you could tie a band onto an eyed hook using a knotless knot. Only two options really, why not try both and see which gets the best results.

Comment

Why not just hook casters for silvers!!
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

April fools has been and gone mate!!!!!

Comment

Sorry Kelk
          But who ever thought of that 1 is a sandwich short of a Picnic
          Why do some of these so called Innovators come up with stupid ideas that only make things difficult .
          Stick with what you know mate,you wont go far wrong
          Colin

Comment

Use a bait spike ie float eye tied on like a boile spike if you really feel the need or use artificial casters

Comment

From what I have seen banded caster has been playing a big part at Norwood Fisheries. Its not a joke

Team BagEm Matchbaits

Comment

Certainly no joke col can catch up to 6 fish before caster wants changing been using that method for years up here , very good method for silvers , dont know how it works but its quicker when you dont have to change bait , and for some reason the caster dont get bust on every fish .

Comment

John that was my 1st concern mate .
                  When Roach & Skimmer fishing with Caster every time you have any sign of a bite the Caster is shelled
                  Do you use normal Casters in the band or Fake??
                  If it works then it is something that i would look @
                  Cant see how it can to be honest !!
                  But you obviously know better & have the confidence to do it .
                  Colin

Comment

just use normal casters col , a mate of mine showed me a few years back when we were ide fishing , he was catching 6 fish to my 2 , when he showed me his band set up i just could not believe it , he gave me a banded hook the same as his and my catch rate went to same as his , the mind boggles mate but i can assure you it does really work , try it out on a pleasure session with silvers one day i think you could be well surprised.

Comment

Wouldn't the band crush the caster
                      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNNYCARP View Post
                        just use normal casters col , a mate of mine showed me a few years back when we were ide fishing , he was catching 6 fish to my 2 , when he showed me his band set up i just could not believe it , he gave me a banded hook the same as his and my catch rate went to same as his , the mind boggles mate but i can assure you it does really work , try it out on a pleasure session with silvers one day i think you could be well surprised.
                        Care to show us or explain exactly how he had the band set up.

Comment

From what ive found out its a standard hair rigged band with a size 18-20 hook band closer to the hook than normal

Team BagEm Matchbaits

Comment

WHY ??

Cant see any purpose to the above method........ slipping a new caster on each fish / shelled caster takes seconds...... using bands, bander etc can only slow the process down even if you do come back with undamaged bait more (cant see how a bait comes back undamaged less either) ??

What size fish are you targeting on "Banded Caster" ?

Cant see any benefit at all, over conventional hooking, there is simply nothing more easy than slipping on a caster / hiding hook in a caster!!

Has someone invented the square wheel??

Comment

I am going to give it a try
                              mainly out of curiosity !!
                              I love Caster fishing ,always have done !!
                              My preference is to bury hook in the caster,dont mind slipping a new 1 on every chuck,as Si stated it only takes a second.
                              Will let you know how i get on !!
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X