Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Can anyone give me advice on handlining pole elastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone give me advice on handlining pole elastic

As the title says I am trying to clarify if it is legal ( with rod licence rules ) to play and land a fish just pulling the the pole elastic by hand after being hooked on the pole

Why? Are you referring to pullla bungs or literally throwing pole section to floor and hand lining, there is a subtle difference.
    Home and Garden Trading LTD

Comment

I have seen this banned on some lakes, regardless of the uk rules (fishery rule).

I think the danger of a float in the finger or eye should a fish come off would deter hand lining and you should possibly turn to a pulla

Comment

read rule 22a imn Angling trust rules & make your own mind up !!
        even they dont know
        NFA banned it
        Colin

Comment

very dangerous thing to do............floats in hands and eyes are more common than we think
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

To answer your question why? Because I would like to know. I see by nfa rules it is not allowed but is there any mention on rod license ?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
              very dangerous thing to do............floats in hands and eyes are more common than we think
              this happened to me years ago, pulling from a margin snag, i wrapped a towel around my hand and pulled the elastic - the plastic bristle went straight through my thumb !!!!!!!. I saw it happen again last week --- for SAFETY'S SAKE DON'T DO IT

Comment

it should only be done when you are pulling for a break with a towel wrapped around your hand it would be intresting to know what speed a pole float comes back at when you pull for a break

Comment

My mate had a float shoot back and hit him below his eye,it hardly broke the skin and there was just a red mark,he lost 80% vision permanently in the eye! This was accidental from a foul hooked fish,its hardly worth tempting fate by doing it on purpose!
                  HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

When I pull for a break I not only wrap a towel around my hand, I also stand and turn my back away. Fishing is brilliant but it's not worth your vision, if there is any way to reach the rig it's best just to cut it off.

Comment

He's not asking about going for a break off, he's actually asking about playing and landing fish??
                      Home and Garden Trading LTD

Comment

Kev, its the same thing, if hook hold goes or line snaps a disaster is on the cards.

Comment

dont see why you would consider landing the fish by pulling the elastic alone as its a very silly thing to do and has no advantages over either a top kit or puller bung if i was you stick with the latter

Comment

What I do if I'm snagged and need to pull elastic by hand is to use a landing net to hold elastic under water and pull away in safety!

Comment

Handlining is extremely dangerous and should be banned

Comment

Working...
                              X