Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Paste Fishing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste Fishing

Evening

This may sound a silly question to some but when paste fishing do you feed hard pellet or dampened pellet?

Never fished with paste before but several of my club matches this year the main bait at the venues is paste, so I need to get to grips with it.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Geordie_Carp_man View Post
    Evening

This may sound a silly question to some but when paste fishing do you feed hard pellet or dampened pellet?

Never fished with paste before but several of my club matches this year the main bait at the venues is paste, so I need to get to grips with it.

Thanks in advance
    Always dampen mine,but beware, on some venues pellets have to stay in form!(ie-not mushed up!)
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Feed dampened hard pellet, hemp works too

Comment

I always use dampened pellet IF I feed anything. Sometimes they want very little feed and just striking your paste off is enough.
        If they are really havin it then obviously more feed. As with anything else the fish will let you know but,as I said if you do need to feed , its dampened pellet for me. I always use shot as well unless fishing really shallow water. Any float with a decent bristle, lump of paste dripping off your hook and you wont go far wrong

Comment

I dampen down micro pellets to help them break through the surface tension of the water,but feed 4mm pellets dry as they sink on their own.

Comment

I feed balls of ground bait only when fishing ground bait paste , but if fishing a pellet based paste will use 4mm dampen down .

Comment

Sorry to Hijack the post lads,but what hooks do you reccomend
              Have been using series 2 in 14s(max allowed),
              Cant get any @ moment
              I feed 4mm or 6mm literaly swilled in water just to remove Dust
              When Fish arrive prefer to stop feeding pellet if poss & just feed what is on Hook
              Colin

Comment

Cheers all, Will just give them a bit of water to dampen them off I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                  Cant get any @ moment
                  When Fish arrive prefer to stop feeding pellet if poss & just feed what is on Hook

I use Drennan wide gape carp hooks for paste.

Comment

Thanks Mr Tidalwave
                    Colin

Comment

Hi Colin

I've just changed to Korum xpert power hooks for my paste fishing from series 2's, only because I too can't find any

Cheers

Simmo

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the choice of hook pattern that important when fishing paste? As long as its big enough to mould a decent ball of paste around, and strong enough to deal with lumps, I wouldn't have thought the actual pattern would matter that much as it's buried completely in the paste?

On the subject of feeding, last year when I was on one of the coaching days organised by Improve Your Coarse Fishing at Partridge Lakes, a bloke called Eddie Battersby who regularly wins/frame in the OAP matches there was showing me how he fishes paste - he feeds balls of groundbait with no particles on a short line on the near slope and whilst fishing elsewhere; when he starts fishing it he starts on an expander pellet, then when he starts catching on the pellet he switches to paste and doesnt feed anything after that apart from the paste on his hook. The results of this were unbelievable - it was literally fish a chuck. This was for small carp up to 3-4lb tops and F1s though, don't know if it would work for bigger lumps?
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                          Cant get any @ moment
                          maver MT2

Comment

8mm hard pellets

Comment

When using paste as hookbait on the pole, I put the paste on the hook and then put the baited hook in a pole pot. Lower the pot into the water and tip out its contents next to your float....if you dont do this and you simply lower the paste into the swim under its own weight, the paste could be too heavy and will come off the hook.

Comment

Working...
                              X