Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

feeding and fishing badly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding and fishing badly?

hi I have been fishing for 40years so you would think I would have learned something by now. I think it stems from my days in matches on the grand union canal fishing against the best anglers, Essex browning, to name a few my gripe is I just cannot stop being aggressive with my feeding right from the word go even though I no its has to be wrong, it dose my head in sitting there thinking from the start this time I will take my time and feed into the way the fish are reacting like how quick they react to feeding the amount of feed ect. within 10min im gone thinking I have to give it to them why? is there anybody out there who has the same problem still or have learned to curb it. cheers

Your whats known as an aggressive feeder, Kearon Rich is the same and so is Jamie Hughes during the summer.
    It's your style of fishing so adapt it. Some days it will work, some it wont...
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

This is me all over, catch a few fish early, then get all carried away and feed to much
      Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

Comment

Welcome to my world
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I combat this by counting in my head. You can slow your feeding down or speed it up depending on how the fish are responding. Got it completely wrong today! That's another story though

Comment

Try just feeding with a toss pot at the start.If they want more grub then start feeding by hand or catty if at distance.

Comment

I think ,and i also have many many years under my belt regarding match fishing, you can only catch whats in front of you and what on one day worked may not work the next with regard to aggresive or tentative feeding , there are just to many variables , weather , tempreture, bankside disturbance and also i think it is almost impossible to work out how many fish are there as that is species defined , ie, Tench may be 3 to 4 , Bream 20 to 30 , roach who knows how many .
              Imagine drawing a flyer , its a noted Bream feeder peg chances are it will be fished regular as pleasure lads allways follow the scales and drop in on noted good pegs , it may get filled in 2 to 3 times a week , you turn up sunday and think Bream peg ill fill it in , the fish will be full upallready but may still be in the peg , then you think should i have fed differentely .
              Years ago i used to catapult 20 balls out and i would empty it nower days 5 to 10 feeders worth works or does it ? am i just following the trend the pros set ,as every one looks at you gone out when the catty comes out
              There is a lot involved that cannot be worked out , expirience gives us a few clues .
              allways best to start slow and build as the saying goes " you cannot take out what you have lobbed in " or do you ball it and wait ?
              Who knows?
              just my uneducated ramblings other will have ther own opinions

Comment

Aggression works rarely for me so I always go negative to start, upping the rate slowly.
                I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
                X