Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pellet waggled advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet waggled advice

When fishing the pellet waggler,do you guys prefer cast to a clip or. Fish unclipped?
    Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

Originally posted by Airity View Post
    When fishing the pellet waggler,do you guys prefer cast to a clip or. Fish unclipped?
    Hi Airity - Venues like White Acres I like to fish to the clip so as to lay the pellet out behind the waggler, usually fishing anything up to 5' deep to encourage a take in top 18" of water. There are times when the fish are really competing and this method isn't necessary and therefore conventional shallow fishing works just as well. I'll clip up if casting to far bank when needing to place wag tight over like on Twin Oaks.

Comment

As Roy says clip up if fishing tight to a bank and the average stamp is not huge. Pellet wag is the way to catch some of the bigger fish round here so usually fish unclipped as some of the takes are savage.

Comment

Always clip!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
          Hi Airity - Venues like White Acres I like to fish to the clip so as to lay the pellet out behind the waggler, usually fishing anything up to 5' deep to encourage a take in top 18" of water. There are times when the fish are really competing and this method isn't necessary and therefore conventional shallow fishing works just as well. I'll clip up if casting to far bank when needing to place wag tight over like on Twin Oaks.
          Pellet behind the waggler??

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
            Pellet behind the waggler??
            That's right Nathan - only last week saw a chap on the high bank fishing 12" below his wag and he couldn't understand why he wasn't catching when the Carp were taking his free offerings almost off the top. IMO these big W.A fish now back off the pellet if its close to the float, maybe not always but more often than not.

Next day I had Fourteen lumps ensuring my pellet landed 4' away from the float.

Comment

But why behind and not if front?? And doesn't it tangle?

Comment

Well i guess if you use a 5' tail from the float,feather the cast and hit the clip then the pellet hookbait is going to land behind the float.
                Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                  But why behind and not if front?? And doesn't it tangle?
                  Nathan I'm not As good as you lol

It's easy to halt the float with clip or finger and watch the pellet straighten the line out and plop behind.

Comment

He means in front Nathan, I think it would be to difficult for even a class angler like your self to land the pellet in between yourself and the float with out a tangle or three. I've also witnessed it where the fish won't come near the waggler, I've seen them swimming around it a few foot away from it!

Comment

Been like that at White Acres for a while..... some even use 5ft between main pellet wag and hook....... but also use a poly ball 12inch up the line (varying)...... cast out feather it all down, the pellet lands beyond the pellet waggler and is supported by poly ball sum 4ft away from main splash.

Comment

Yes I've seen it it's deadly on the right peg with the right angler

Comment

Working...
                        X