Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Wagglers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagglers

Can anyone recommend me some good quality wagglers for bream fishing in about 6/7' of water and the best way to set them up for catching slabs and tench,manythanks
    Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

What distance are you fishing?

Comment

30 /50 yards

Comment

peacock quills,benwick sports do a good selection of drake wagglers upto 24 inch in length

Comment

Mate at that range and depth it will be hard to hit bites stricking through the float
          I do a fair bit of Wag for bream at around 30 yds in 4ft max
          I use 4 to 5 AA depending on tow and wind , it can frustating hitting what look like sailaway bite

Comment

ive bream fished at distance with a polaris and done well in 8 ft of water at 50 to 60 yards

Comment

Originally posted by welbecker View Post
              Mate at that range and depth it will be hard to hit bites stricking through the float
              I do a fair bit of Wag for bream at around 30 yds in 4ft max
              I use 4 to 5 AA depending on tow and wind , it can frustating hitting what look like sailaway bite
              Dont lock the Waggler with heavy shot both sides of the float
              use either a stop knot approx 6" above your main shot ,this way you do not have to strike through the float as it just folds over
              Alternativley use a rubber float stop either side of float apprk 6 to 8" apart & use a loaded wagg !!
              The float offers NO resistance on strike @ all
              I think Alan Scotthorne has a video on you tube explaining it in more detail
              Colin

Comment

Has anyone tried them cralusso rocket wagglers?
                I bought one to test a couple of years ago and while i've not tested it extensively they cast really well and there are kits available to customise the tips to suit your personal needs.
                They have a metal bar that runs down the side of the float body that your rig slides on. The theory being that as you cast the rig slides to the top of the bar so it's being dragged through the air from the rear of the float instead of the 'front', thus preventing it from wanting to pull the float 'offline' from it's original trajectory.
                This indeed does work well and they cast accurately and easily, bite detection I can't comment on as I just set it up to test the theory behind it.
                MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

cralusso not cheap

Cralusso Rocket Waggler - Benwick Sports Angling Centre

Comment

Col im a pole angler and im trying to get my head round the waggler, ive been using a loaded waggler with a stopknot but using a daiwa proteus waggler rod the stopknot drags through the eyes restricting the cast, I leave a 1" tail either side of the knot. im also using a stopknot on the reel line to check the distance instead of the line clip but the line catches on the knot, have you any advice

Comment

To mark the line for accuracy,I have either used the line clip or marked the line with tip ex.
                      I think that sensas may do a line marker pen. I did worry about wether the line could weaken with tipex,but I have not had a problem so far.

Comment

For a stop knot 1" tags are too short they need to be at least 2" even longer for heavier lines.
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Haw
                          sorry for late reply as Jethro has pointed out your tags on Stop knots are too short @ 1" they work far better longer
                          because they will lie down & not stick up
                          ,however personaly i dont use Stop knots of any description on the main line. if i was not confident on my distance i would use the Clip
                          when you hook any fish just move the rod to the left or right & keep very low!!
                          this will make your fish kite around,
                          give it a go you will soon get the hang of it,a rod is an extension of your Arm ,learn to use it properly & it will become second nature !!
                          Colin

Comment

Working...
                          X