Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

wheelchair anglers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheelchair anglers

my mate who's in a wheelchair wants to try fishing as he's not done it before. i was going to offer to take him but the only fishing i do is with the pole. i have a spare pole he could use but do you think a rod/reel might be easier for him?

Would depend a lot on the extent of his dissabilities,but I found it not comfortable from a carp style chair and if his chair has arms that can"t be removed/lowered I susspect it could be difficult to manouvre a pole,you could give it a try in the garden to get a better idea of how he might cope.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

If you can find a suitable venue,fishing a whip or margin pole about 4 metres to hand might be an option.

Comment

Snap

Comment

thanks for the replies. He would need to stay in his wheelchair while fishing (wouldnt be able to use a canvas chair). maybe give him the top 3/4 sections of my 2nd pole see if he's ok with that. i feel a fishing trip coming on!

Comment

Working...
          X