Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

TDR 4012 how many turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDR 4012 how many turns

Morning , can anyone tell me how many turns of the handle it would take to load this reel with 150 meters of 0.18mm line please , as I have a fresh spool of 300 metersof line, which I would like to use evenly on two reels . Thanks in advance.

it's approx 250 turns of 0.18.
    60cm per turn. I have 3012 and just measured it. According to the Daiwa catalogue the 4012 has the same line capacity and ratio.

I really must get out more lol...
    Last edited by simon pavey; 4 July 2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Surely the line retrieve ratio of one revolution of the handle will tell you!- ie: 1/2m of line will equal about 300 turns=150m, if your spool fills before 300 turns you will have enough left for the second reel. There may be printed on the spool the line capacities for different line poundage. use a calculator for fractions. Simon pavey is not to far out by the looks of it

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

The question should be will 150 mtrs of 0.18 be enough to fill the spool properly,if not you need some backing or more line.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Just loaded my tdr 4012 with a full 300m spool of 6lb daiwa hyper sensor which is 0.20 , filled up just nice..

Comment

I have never understood why fill the whole spool up with mono. 100 yds is enough in most cases,what's wrong with backing and just reverse when correct level,it's a pain I know. But the above must be wasting good line?
              Lee Davison, Period Furniture Restoration, Carpentry. In Norfolk.

Comment

Thanks for the replies men , and for anyone who is interested , I have loaded both spools now, and it works out as with a empty 4012a spool, starting with 0.18 line @ 185 handle turns for 150 meters of line then 160 turns of the handle to top off the spool with 0.21 line this fills the said spool up nicely , then its just a case of putting that line back on to the empty reel spool , simples .

Comment

Working...
                X