Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishermans Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishermans Friend

Fishermans Friend,Maypole closing end of August...20% discount in shop starts Saturday from what I've been hearing!

Whats Trothy playing at,He"s had more sales than D F S
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Think Larry posted a thread a month or two back that the lease was ending on the Maypole shop.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

i did indeed....lease is up and FF goes back to Bearwood...but not the tackle thats at Hollywood ..... its all gorra go and i cant afford any more rod bags.....lmao

loads up for grabs...
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Can Tony grit his teeth and finally let this stuff go "cheap"
          The last sale was useless!

Comment

Mark my words
            Tony wont be giving much away!!
            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
              Mark my words
              Tony wont be giving much away!!
              Too right anything worth having will be sold by Ar kid at Bearwood!
              HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

He wants £250 for old boss box that's seen more crack than Jacobs quality inspector! Lol
                " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

Not sure how true this is but I heard sale doesn't start till 1st August, has anybody been there recently.

Comment

Once asked Tony for something off a shimano Dia flash 390 13ft
                    He offered to cut it back to the 1st intermediate ring LOL
                    Colin

Comment

Many years ago our Tony has a very lucrative sideline selling ABU 507 match spools & they are still sought after
                      John

Comment

If Tony was ever to be able to check through all the Poles Rods Boxes etc he has Stock piled over the yrs
                        i wouldnt be suprised if he found a few Thousand of them somewhere
                        Cant believe he still has stocks of poles Circa mid 80s Brand new never seen the light of Day
                        In the late 70s or Early 80s before Tony started Fishermans freind
                        Billy Hines (colebrook) ran Kings Heath Angling center & i am certain it was Bill that 1st had shallow spools made for 506s & 507s,because i used to supply them with a lot of ABU & had plenty of spools from them
                        When i 1st heard Maypole was Closing i thought Tony was finaly going to Retire
                        if he does it will be a Sad day for the B/Ham Angling fraternity
                        Great Bloke & a Ledgend in the trade
                        Colin

Comment

We had them made years before that at the fishing lodge.

Comment

some still in a draw......col trothy told me to tell ya.You only good enough to carry his tackle........i think he was joking...lol......sale starts Monday......20% off everything dont mention me else it goes plus %
                            In darkness we do what we can
                            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I know a lot of those shallow spools were made at the Rover, in particular Drews Lane Tool Room.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X