Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pole elastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole elastic

hi keep reading about what elastic to use. not down the edge, basically for up in the water for fis and carp around 4to 6lb. I have been using grey hydro. now I think maybe its not quite the right one, I do use it with a puller kit. what do you think the best lackey to use and what hook strength.

Vespe green, maybe red, speak with carpysteve, he has it off to a fine art up in the water, there are several entries over the last few months about which elastic to use, just search vespe. Hope this helps all the best Elvis.
    Member of winning 2015 Midland Team.
    [url]www.mffloatsjustmargin.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Try the Nick Gilbert hollow bud!
      HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Difficult one to balance as I would probably use a different elastic for f1's than for 4-6lb carp.......I reckon grey hydro sounds about right.

Having started to use the NG elastic I'd be reaching for the black amber core as I find it initially softer than grey but then powers up a little like black.....that said if it was more f1's I'd be going lighter to say the green white core which is more like white hydro but will deal with the odd better carp

Comment

Originally posted by fishingfreek View Post
          hi keep reading about what elastic to use. not down the edge, basically for up in the water for fis and carp around 4to 6lb. I have been using grey hydro. now I think maybe its not quite the right one, I do use it with a puller kit. what do you think the best lackey to use and what hook strength.
          Hi fishingfreek

Firstly, it would depend on what size of F1's you are targeting. I use yellow Vespe for small F1's and green Vespe for big F1's both are with pullers. As for carp in the 4 to 6 Lb range I use green, but would consider red Vespe if I was bagging so that I could can them in quicker. However if I was getting hook pulls I would revert to green Vespe.

Regards Steve
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Originally posted by carpysteve View Post
            Hi fishingfreek

Firstly, it would depend on what size of F1's you are targeting. I use yellow Vespe for small F1's and green Vespe for big F1's both are with pullers. As for carp in the 4 to 6 Lb range I use green, but would consider red Vespe if I was bagging so that I could can them in quicker. However if I was getting hook pulls I would revert to green Vespe.

Regards Steve
            Sounds like green to me, lol
            John

Comment

I use yellow vespe for silvers and f1, green vespe for f1 and carp to 6lb and red vespe for margin munters.
              Team DT Floats - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DT.Floats/

Team BagEm Matchbaits

Comment

Originally posted by Kelk View Post
                I use yellow vespe for silvers and f1, green vespe for f1 and carp to 6lb and red vespe for margin munters.
                Its amazing how the different fish can tell which one to go for!
                HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

It all goes down to venue. Some places i go have silver only ponds and i also fish the canal alot to warrent yellow vespe. Others i will use only green and red
                  Team DT Floats - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DT.Floats/

Team BagEm Matchbaits

Comment

Double latex, soft enough but still have. Back bone.
                    Using Thought and Science to catch more fish! [url]www.Nate-Fish4Thought.blogspot.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
                    X