Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pulla bungs yes or no,whats the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulla bungs yes or no,whats the point?

When i get chance to have another pole i was thinking of trying pulla bungs! Just cant seem to get mi head round it though! Surely these things are just a good idea for anyone who cant set an elastic to the right tension and balance their tackle! Can only see it feasible when you have plenty of open water too!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

pulla bungs/pullakits are designed to allow you to fish lighter elastics and terminal tackle,but still be able to land bonus fish by allowing you to tension the elastic slightly and allow you to land them with less elastic coming out of the pole.but they are not designed to bully fish quicker to the net.the initial tensioning of the elastic has no part of pullakit usage.

Comment

Clive
      As you know mate my feelings on Pulla Bungs,i was always of the opinion they were a way of Bending the Rules ,regards Hand lining !!
      I watched a lot of Anglers using them & Nothing changed my opinion.
      They would Hook fish on Ridiculous Elastics (heavy) let fish swim out slightly break down to top 2 grab elastic & start pulling it back,IMOnot only Cruel but Brutal.
      Fast forward 3 yrs i use Pullas for a major part of my Fishing with Sensible Elastics
      I use J range Hollows Yellow & Green 6/8 & 10/12 for most of my Open water pole fishing &i can Land anything that swims on it ,Edge Fishing i use
      the green ,sometimes Black J range very similar to Hydro,Because there is very little resistance most fish just swim into open water
      For Snag pits i dont use Pullas
      F1s i use di 6 Blue Preston Solid or Black 8 preston Solid & once again am confident of landing anything i hook
      Can i point out that on most occasions the Elastic is only ever pulled @ the last minute during the netting process ,it just stops that final lunge from the fish
      When fishing UIW the light elastic allows your Hooked fish to exit the feeding area without Blowing your peg
      If you decide to have a try with it Dont watch the Heavy brigade ,sit @ watch someone like Des Shipp or Will Raison ,most of their set ups are suitable for Silvers 6 to 12 rated elastics
      Colin

Comment

Thanks for the replies,looking at it i can only see an application where you are fishing predominantly for silvers with the chance of the odd carp! Still fail to see why anglers are using this with silly elastics and presumably Animal line and hooks i think it Is stealth hand lining myself!

Comment

iv got pullas on most of my topkits and if the truth be known I only really use them on f1 venues where ive got yellow vespe as lacy
          OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

So, set your top kits with the right laccy
            John

Comment

Pulla kits are the way forward, all my top kits are pullas and I use a lot lighter elastics than I used to to catch the same fish. I find you get less hook pulls and the light elastic allows you to play the fish on your top kit putting less strain on your pole. The line I use is also a thinner diameter. I have perfect control over any size of fish I may hook

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
                Pulla kits are the way forward, all my top kits are pullas and I use a lot lighter elastics than I used to to catch the same fish. I find you get less hook pulls and the light elastic allows you to play the fish on your top kit putting less strain on your pole. The line I use is also a thinner diameter. I have perfect control over any size of fish I may hook
                Still cant see how its better than balanced tackle and elastic! Surely when pulling on it you are just gradually bottoming the elastic out, until you get the fish out!
                Anyone used these and gone back to a normal set up?

Comment

I use pulla's on mixed fisheries & for my winter fishing...... as stated above it allows the use of balanced / lighter tackle.

i.m.h.o Pulla kits are a must on the likes of White Acres as fish size varies so much...... pulla kit allows me to fish cute rigs & lighter elastics for my target fish, they help me bump less fish, but also help keep control if larger fish are hooked.

Most matches down this way, you want every hooked fish to end up in the net...... you could be catching a 3oz skimmer one put in, to a 2lb barbel or F1 the next, only for a few double figure carp to come by........ I dont want to spend half the match bumping & loosing smaller fish with a heavier elastic which is not on a pulla.

80% of the time my pulla kit wont be manually pulled, as i still target the main quarry with the correct elastic, but i have it there as a back up if the occasional bigger fish are hooked or foul hooked.

I never use them on fisheries when fish size is of a similar similar stamp..... then as you say i would balance my elastic choice to the size of the fish / fight of the fish....... as long as the fish can be kept under control.

Comment

I've been experimenting with 14 solid in a few of my top kits for large carp at woodlands. Granted its still on a pulla but you don't need to use it for most fish. Have to say I didn't like it and have just swapped back over to colmic yellow hollow 2.1 diameter 10-12 rating, much better.

Comment

Clive
                      although i have most of my match kits with Pullas i dont use them with Power kits
                      As Silvers Si said ,i also use my pole as Normal
                      Ido not use the pulla for dragging the Fish back to me !!
                      My tackle is always balanced & set up as normal
                      I tend to use the Pulla only @ the Last minute to eliminate that last run after they have rolled @ the Net
                      By pulling the Elastic @ this time 90% of the fish i hookk virtualy come straight back to the Top & Roll into the Net !!
                      You know i am tight By using Pullas i get 2 Tops out of 1 Elastic !!
                      Colin

Comment

Working...
                      X