Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

fishomania womans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishomania womans

can somebody out there tell me why in the ladies fisho the draw is done for them with ought them being there then you look at the draw this year and think fishy or what. im not saying there is skulduggery going on but.

Possibly because the Ladies match is not deemed as the main event.

If the draw is done for them in advance surely it helps behind the scenes organisational wise?

Comment

fare enough but how long dose it take to draw on the day there is only six anglers

Comment

What was "fishy" about this years draw in your opinion?

Do you know for sure that the ladies have not drawn their own pegs.......... or have they done the draw but just off camera??

I dont know how it all works, just know there seemed a distinct lack of fish up there this year for the ladies to have a go at!!!

Comment

The ladies did their own draw, it. Was on a short slot on tight lines Friday before the fisho final.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I know for a fact that they did not do there own draw it was drawn for them the night before with ought them being there

Comment

Just spoken to Emma Pickering......

As you state fishingfreek, the Ladies Fish O Final is always drawn without the ladies being present.

Comment

good idea,we will do the same for Larford
                OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

lucky to get peg 1

Comment

junior fisho

Originally posted by fishingfreek View Post
                    lucky to get peg 1
                    my son fished the junior fisho,we got asked by a angling trust official when we had known what peg my son was on .I told him that until we went up the bank on the day we didn,t know .his reply astounded me as he said he wanted to know because he had heard pegs were allocated not drawn .when I asked whos decision it was to allocate the pegshe said he couldn,t tell me because he didn,t know!!!!also told me ladies names were put on the pegs Thursday morning so if they were practising they could have literally practised the peg they were on for the match.these were from a good source and friend I,ve known for several years,if this is the case that no draw is done and somebody allocates the pegs its a disgrace as the junior fisho is the biggest junior match of the year and deserves the same standards as the adult event ,would be nice if somebody official could clarify what actually happens for the ladies and junior pegging because even when you qualify you don,t get to know!!!!!!!

Comment

Agree Gary, this could put a lot of youngsters off, fish hard to get to the finals by fishing venues where they have to draw for peg.Mom Dad kids all chuffed to get to final, then told basically we want X to win match really, so we would like you to keep out of the way and fish this one, after all it's the taking part not the winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Home and Garden Trading LTD

Comment

Originally posted by gary summerscales View Post
                        my son fished the junior fisho,we got asked by a angling trust official when we had known what peg my son was on .I told him that until we went up the bank on the day we didn,t know .his reply astounded me as he said he wanted to know because he had heard pegs were allocated not drawn .when I asked whos decision it was to allocate the pegshe said he couldn,t tell me because he didn,t know!!!!also told me ladies names were put on the pegs Thursday morning so if they were practising they could have literally practised the peg they were on for the match.these were from a good source and friend I,ve known for several years,if this is the case that no draw is done and somebody allocates the pegs its a disgrace as the junior fisho is the biggest junior match of the year and deserves the same standards as the adult event ,would be nice if somebody official could clarify what actually happens for the ladies and junior pegging because even when you qualify you don,t get to know!!!!!!!

I can see what you are saying gary.

However you would only hope that the powers that be...... do a fair "random" peg draw for both Ladies and Juniors.... as lots of time, effort & expense is involved for each competitor, also when fishing for prize money you would only hope everything is above board.

Ref practicing any pegs after any draw has been done, to clarify the last practice day on Arena is on the Wednesday, so if the ladies found out what peg they were on, on the Thursday no practicing could take place on their peg.

Comment

Has anyone contacted the Angling Trust for there response to this, Worth noting that both the juniors and ladies used to qualify for Fisho via their National matches, if you like its a free match. Not that a fair draw should not be made.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

This threads got me wondering,when applying for fisho tickets,do they discriminate by refusing to let the women fish in the qualifiers.?
                            If so,how can they get away with it in todays day and age of equal work and pay for women.Also are women refused in the larford equivalent?

Comment

Originally posted by cornerstone View Post
                              This threads got me wondering,when applying for fisho tickets,do they discriminate by refusing to let the women fish in the qualifiers.?
                              If so,how can they get away with it in todays day and age of equal work and pay for women.Also are women refused in the larford equivalent?
                              Women can enter all qualifiers should they want to do so & can fish BOTH finals if they are lucky enough to get there.

Comment

Working...
                              X