Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

help on a new 14.5m pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on a new 14.5m pole

Hi I'm at a bit of a loose end with this I'm after a new 14.5 pole and haven't got any ideas on what to go for what's going to be light and quite rigid I've been told to stay away from maver and Prestons but and the tks501 has any body got any recommendations? Thanks...

I would not take much notice of what some say there are lots of happy owners of Maver , Preston and Map poles , go to a tackle shop with a pole ally and have a waggle tbh you will probably find maver the lightest and most rigid , like most things there will be good and bad a lot of pole damage's is as much angler abuse as anything else . Go to a match and have a look at some on the bank in use , then after the match possibly have a word with a few anglers and ask them what they think of there pole , good luck

Comment

as sid says, don't understand people slagging maver poles,use 2 at mo and used them for a few years,i would look at elite allround,14.5m, usable at 16,not sure if its possible to still buy them brand new,but there a good pole and i used to use 1

Comment

Alright I know what yo mean about anglers miss using there pole I see it all the time but each to there own I suppose thanks for the advise guy's

Comment

I think the Vatican would have a few things to say about it - better check with them first!

(Sorry - couldn't resist!)
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
            I think the Vatican would have a few things to say about it - better check with them first!

(Sorry - couldn't resist!)
            The John Paul super power has had good reviews!
            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

for a good all round pole you'll not go far wrong with the browning z6 under £900 for the 14.5 mtr package, build quality, spares package etc a long way in front of most on the market for the money

Comment

Working...
              X