Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

First Post and already need help finding parts of a reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post and already need help finding parts of a reel

Hi all

I live in the US in the state of Kentucky but surf fish the Atlantic beaches daily in Florida when I am there in the winter. Last winter, I acquired two new OKUMA Distance Surf Reels (DS-60). The level wind roller bearings began corroding almost immediately, despite daily rinsing and weekly oiling. I now need the bail wire assembly and other bits to get these reels back in working order before this coming winter.

Problem:

During my conversations with OKUMA US, I learned that the DS-60 is a reel designed for the non-US market and they do not stock all of the parts I need. They have all the small bits but not the bail wire. I also learned, that since this is a non-US reel, they will not warranty it.

I have the tackle company which sold me the reel working on the warranty problem, but would like to find a parts company in Great Britain to order the bail wires from in case I am out of luck with the warranty.

Can anyone assist with contact info for a European OKUMA parts source?

Try these chaps www.northeasttackle.co.uk
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Failing that have the bail arm rechromed.
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
      X