Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

seat boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat boxes

I have just started pole fishing after resisting it for about 5 years but now totally hooked (sorry) can anybody suggest a good mid range seatbox system to complement my 14.5m pole, I mainly fish stillwater commercials with carp to 15lb but a good head of silver fish. I am not really into match fishing (yet) but like all the gadgets.

Whats your budget Tony, it would help with recomendations, or you will end up with lots of suggestions for top of the range Milo and Rive boxes. My choice was for a Matchbox Pyramid box see here for the range of Matchbox products. http://www.talkangling.co.uk/matchbox.htm

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

i have had a Matchbox pyramid for about 2years and im happy with mine, one thing i would suggest is make sure you have a footplate if you dont have one on your box at the moment, as its keeps your legs and body level helps a great deal when fishing the pole long
      Matt Smith
      Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

if your looking for a cheap box go to Fishing tackle - Match fishing - Online tackle shop - Course fishing - Fishing mail order they have so good deals, i got mine off there and i perfect
        :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

Brian, Matt and Max,

Thanks for the tips and links - I guess I am looking at about 250 - 300 if the wife is asking but as its you about 400

Comment

Max,

Just looked at the site you recommended - its brilliant thanks a lot!!

Comment

With up to £400 you will get plenty of choice of boxes, seat boxes are a bit like poles what suits one will not suit another, and its best to see them for real as opposed to any web site, look for how big is the box pick a Rive or Milo you might need to go on a weight lifting course, and need a bigger motor to get it in. Some boxes use plastic clips that have a habit of breaking.
              My choice for a new box would be a Plattforms Series 5 they are an engineered box that uses no plastic but remain fairly light and are real quality,
              my own box is a Matchbox Pyramid 6 not the newest design around but well made, with the range of add ons that Matchbox do the box you end up with will be your choice. Consider what you have now will changing your box mean things like side trays and umberella/keepnet brackets dont fit having to replace them will add a good few pounds to your final price.
              Once you have got your selection down to 2 or 3 put up another post and see if any of the lads are using them, as I did see one of the lads on a Creative box on Sundays TA match.

Comment

Brian why do you have it in for RIVE box's. Could it be you were bitten by one as a child. You must try sitting on one for five hours, there wonderful, and they are only as heavy as you want to make them.
                Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
                If you havnt got a good partner.
                Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

P.S Thanks again for sunday you done a great job.
                  Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
                  If you havnt got a good partner.
                  Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

Ok for you mate but I cant afford to change my motor, nor can I carry one tried lifting both Milo and Rive too heavy for me mate, I aint slagging either off just giving my opinions having sat on a Kiley box for years I have to say that the Matchbox seems like a throne, mind you only purchased the Kiley because it went into the boot of a Rover 400 now that was a useless motor for fishing especially after a transit van.

Comment

Thanks for the info and advice - glad to see that I sparked off a nice set of responses, am going to try to get to see a few example but the very few stockists down souf' they all reckon to order them in, fat lot of good that is - will let you know how I get on

Comment

I have one of the creative STi5000 boxes and have to say they are excellent boxes, they do have plastic catches that you have to be careful they don't fold under as when you sit on the box they will break. They are not to big as those fishing the fur n feather Sunday will have noticed I don't have the most practical of fishing cars but it fits in there just.
                        Paul Webster

[IMG]http://astwoodbankac.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/fishy.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk"]http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk[/URL]

Comment

How dya think i felt when the car of my dreams,the mighty alfa 156,arrived home and the bloody back seat dont go down!!!,I thought they all did nowadays.my mate with the estate gets a lot of free casters now.

Comment

Working...
                          X