Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pole

Hi guys, I'm torn between Preston GXR200 and Sensas 744. Has anyone compared them side by side?

the sensas is a superior quality pole in my opinion even though the preston feels nice.

Comment

no contest ....744!

Comment

Which pole

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to take a serious look at the 744

Comment

I have the 744 and with the match extensions supplied there are probably better poles out there in the same price bracket.

I did go for the daiwa conny but was swayed to the sensas but this was due to a shop error ???

When I tried all the poles in the £1k bracket the sensas outperformed them all quite literally. So I went ahead and bought one. Only problem was they had no extensions in other than the ones on show so a two week wait was endured. Upon the extensions arriving I took the pole out to furnace mill attached my extensions and what proceeded to flop about infront of me was in no way the pole i had held 2 weeks previous. After a bit of delving it seemed that the shop in question had the super competition extensions on show and not the ones the pole should of come with the match Ext. The super ext only come with the 774 so no wonder it outperformed all the others anyway i went back to the shop who admitted their error and as a good will gesture swapped my extensions for the super ext without a problem. Surfice to say after buying the competition kits from a fellow TA member I now have close to a 774.

The 744 is a good pole upto 13m but like I said it does start to flop with the ext on, the finish is good and it does glide back through your hands in the wet.

One thing is the big fish kits "red label" seem to be responsible for most of the breakages you hear about hence me purchasing a strong 4 and 5 section.

Go have a waggle with them all and try a few different shops I have seen a couple of 754's go on E.bay recently brand new for less the £900 and prior to christmas a 744 go for just over £700. So you have plenty of options if you cant get a good deal in a shop.
          here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Working...
          X