Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Medusa K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa K

Has any one any comments on the Medusa K pole? I have the offer of one cheap 16 meters.

I'm quite happy with mine (a bit heavy at 16m though).

Biggest fish I've had on it is 16lb 11oz (in the tail!!!) and it handled it no problem.

Comment

I have the previous one, Medusa J, and have very few problems with it.

I have broken 2 number 4's in about 3 years, being a bit heavy on the strike , but otherwise very happy with it though as Redfin says, they are a bit heavy @ 16m.

Eric
      PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Thanks for your help. I am no strong man and i dont anticipate useing it over 14.5 mtrs very often. more likely to be at 13 or less.
        In the past I have found that a 16mtr pole or even a 14.5 mtr pole at 13mtrs is usualy beter than a 13mtr pole

Comment

By the way it has a short no 4.

Comment

It should have a no4 section, a no5 section and a super taper section (which I guess is your 'short no4'.)

This is used to replace the 4th and 5th sections to stiffen the pole up at the longer lengths - i've never used mine except to store the cupping kit in!

Comment

I find the super taper section great when it is a bit breezy, it holds the top sections steadier than the 4 and 5 which it replaces and as I only use it up to 13 metre section in the wind (about 11.5 metres actual) it does not go too heavy.
              PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

You are quite right the short section replaces the standard 4 & 5. I have got it now and it seems to stifen the pole a lot. I wonder how it would behave with power kits. My club lake has carp to about 20lb but lots in the 6 to 9lb region and they are real big time hooligans. Water averages only about 4ft, some areas less, and the only way they can go is straight away from you. Its a bit of a hang on and hope situation!

Comment

I took my "J" for its first outing (a couple of years back) to our club lake which is also shallow so Carp behave the same. First put in hooked one of the larger residents, a 13lb humpback mirror, must admit I did worry at first but the pole behaved perfectly and soon landed the fish.
                  PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Working...
                  X