Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Seat Boxes-river, canal, matc. Whats the difference??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Boxes-river, canal, matc. Whats the difference??

Hiya Lads.

I've been looking at seat boxes and wondered just what the difference is between canl, match, river etc etc.
    Is it the base units or what.
    Silly question but a carp angler for 15 years so what do you expect??

Cheers.

Mick.
    put the kettle on........;)

You've basically answered your own question there mate.Canal boxes are smaller than the others ie less draws and shallow bottoms

Comment

Thought I had posted in here a couple of days ago, but as Frank has said its usually the number of draws and the depth of the base that defines the difference between canal and match boxes canal boxes tend to have 3 or 4 draws whilst a river box will have at least 6, a good canal box will also have a removable base for those venues where you are only going to use the pole.
      The likes of Rive and Milo boxes complete with all their add on gizzmos are perhaps best described as match boxes, but be aware they are not light and theres a few motors that you would struggle to get one in the boot

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks lads, that clears that up for me.
        Have I got some questions coming for you lot...............
        put the kettle on........;)

Comment

Working...
        X