Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

buying a new pole advice please guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a new pole advice please guys

Hi all haven,t been on for a while.I am thinking of buying a new pole i have £850 to spend and so many poles out there ,any advice on which 16mtr pole to buy as i have never owned a 16mtr it will be my first expensive pole well expensive to me just want advice on best one for this price cheers guys.

Map 501 , preston 2601 , new daiwa range go to a pole alley and have a waggle

Comment

Second hand Daiwa G20.
      Steve

Comment

map 501 is really good in that price range!

Comment

Pm staffbull on here and ask if Robbo has sold his all terrain yet.

Was a minter..
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

browning z6 mate, a little more than your thinking of spending but not much and by far the best spares package of anything else in that price range, i've been that impressed with mine i'd only consider upgrading to another browning pole and i'd still keep the z6 as a backup

Comment

MAP 501 all the way, i've just got one myself a couple of weeks back after trying it against a G20, G50, the maver signature range and others, was miles better in my opinion. Great pole for the price, I managed to get one for 765. Spares are cheap and readily available too! Get yourself down to a decent shop with a pole alley to get a good feel, only you can decide really.

Comment

Suprisingly my Advice would be Dont Buy NEW !!
                I know £850 is a lot of money but honestly when you look into spending that much 2nd hand is the only way to go!!
                If you buy new you are looking @ poles like the 501,The updated Daiwa z4/5 (all great poles)
                then you have to elasticate them i think they all come with 9 top kits + cupping kit ,if you use Hollow elastics ,with Bushes bungs & connectors
                thats @ least another £145 ,thats just to get you on the Bank
                For £850 you could get a pole that retailed @ close to the £1700/£2000 mark usualy with a host of Spares No4s no5s extra top kits
                all your kits will be elasticated ready to use ,in many cases any weaknesses have already been dealt with & you will be buying a pole that has possibly only been used 20 to 30 times
                The Chances are you will be buying from a tackle tart (excuse the pun fellas ) but you know what i mean .
                A lot of the top range poles are usualy looked after because these guys treasure them ,the only reason they are for Sale is not that there is anything wrong
                They are for sale because the New all singing & Dancing pole with the nice shiny graphics has just replaced the pole they have
                Iknow a Top Angler that uses Maver poles ,has done for yrs ,i honestly dont think he has ever kept a pole for more than 9mths
                Maver used to upgrade every 6 mths so he did as well
                i have known him buy a pole order loads of spare sections & kits in the October ,hardly fish throughout the winter months & upgrade in the April .His pole that he sells on for peanuts Cost say £2500 with the spares used 5 or 6 times sold for £650/750
                Have a trawl through the Angling forums when you have made up your mind what you want & save yourself a fortune !!
                Colin

Comment

Ok guys thanks a lot for all your Advice will have a think about 2nd hand cheersguys

Comment

Working...
                  X