Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hook / Rig tie machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook / Rig tie machines

Has any one tried one of these devises?

If they are any good I am thinking of getting one.

I find rigs more and more difficult to make up must be old age!!

Hi Jack

I looked at them but thought they were a bit pricy so made my own.
    A piec of 5" x 2" varnished timber (must be thick to have enough weight)about 3 foot long. I inserted two pieces of dowel about 4 to 6" long exactly 2 foot apart on the board. I also inserted a short dowel in the end of the timber for putting spools on.

I tie a loop in the end of the line put it over one of the dowels and then wrap it around the dowels as many times as is required. Cut the line put the float on, tie on the hook length add the shot, job done. Unwind it onto the winder

Hope it helps
    you don't stop playing because you're too old
    you're too old because you stopped playing

Comment

Thanks for your response much appreciated.

It was the principle that I was concerned about i.e. do they make it easier !!

From your reply I gather they do.

Jack

Comment

yes definitely,you can work in a small space sitting at a table or desk, you know how much line is out and you can keep the tension for adding shot, hooks, floats etc.
        Turned what is a chore into a pleasure for me.
        you don't stop playing because you're too old
        you're too old because you stopped playing

Comment

I've got the Rive hook tyer and it's made my life so much easier, even compared to using spaced pins like mentioned above which I used before.
          They're expensive but save loads of time so can blast some hooks out sat in the room and get on with other stuff without spending all night tying
          [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/category/fishing/"]Blog[/URL]
          [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/calculator"]Shot Calculator[/URL]

Comment

Working...
          X