Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Line for slider float fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line for slider float fishing

Read that thicker line 0.2 is best for slider float fishing. But what make? Never done it before but watched a few videos some recommend casting off the bulk shot some off a couple of BB placed above the bulk. Is one better than the other or give less tangles. Any help or tips on fishing this method appreciated.

I use Maxima 4 or 5lb.I tend to use a string of BBs as bulk instead of 2 or 3 SSGs.A long string of BBs act like a boom and helps to prevent tangles.When casting keep it nice and smooth and feather down so it doesnt land in a heap.Crucially,after plumbing and you are happy with the depth stick the hook in the rod butt and count the rings down from the tip to where the stopknot is,alternatively,mark it`s position with tippex-during the session keep an eye on the knot`s position as it will tend to move during casting and playing fish.

Comment

Nice one, so casting straight off the bulk it is then. Never had to fish like this before so a steep learning curve me thinks. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Another tip is to have a sliding rubber stop 1 1/2ft above your bulk to stop the float crashing into the bulk.Some people use a number 1 shot but due to the weight of the float and the cast,the shot can slip.

Comment

Thats a good idea I will get some of them and give it a go. Hope to have a try this coming weekend.
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X