Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Decent box with a back rest or a chair? Recommendations please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent box with a back rest or a chair? Recommendations please...

Hi guys. If I sit on my Preston box for a while I get back ache. Need to change. Can anyone recommend a good box with a back or am I better off buying a a chair like the Korum X25? I'll be fishing with both my pole and rod when needed.

Look at the Preston Inception 360.

INCEPTION 360

Building on the success of the Inception SL30 Seatbox, the Inception 360 comes complete with the same 100mm deep base unit and deep compartmented side draw unit but has a 360-degree rotating seat on top which provides the user with comfort and is perfect when fishing in the margins.

Each unit comes complete with the Revolutionary Mag-Lok clips, these ensure that the units are held securely together but can be opened in a second, giving access to the base compartment. The footplate is secured with two plungers, one on each side. It can be locked securely for storage and when in use meaning the footplate is in a perfect position each time.

The 360 Seat Unit is also available separately and can be used on any Inception or Absolute Seat box.

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/e.../inception-360

I am not recommending this just because of my username
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Miserables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Look at the NuFish restabox, it only has a tiny box but the backrest is perfect. It,s more like a chair than a box but it has space under the seat for limited tackle.
      Cheap at only £150.
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I would firstly look at how you are setting your box level up, i suffered for years until i watched a video on youtube, cant remember who it was but it was a vid on how to set your box up, i watched it for ideas on setting accessories up but a tip was to set the front legs about an inch lower than your back legs, thi then naturally makes you sit straighter, no more back ache for me it worked a treat. Have a look at the video
        River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

I think the one Rick is talking about was originally done by Tommy Pickering (formerly of Preston Innovations) but a newer one has been added to their YouTube channel by Des Shipp
          Mark

Comment

Correct Mark the original was done by Tom
            I've not seen the 1 by Des yet .
            Colin

Comment

The Des Shipp on is a slightly better version. The only difference is he doesn’t show you how to set the box up from scratch. Alternatively, there is another one by Lee Kerry called how to setup like a pro that does take it back to basics from setting up the box correctly
              Mark

Comment

Have a look at the well known auction site there is an onbox 360 for sale for £95
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X