Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Carp Leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp Leads

Hi Guys

Apologies if this is in the wrong section

I am looking to start fishing for carp again as I have just purchased a cheap carp rod for our syndicated venue. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me where I can buy cheap carp leads as the venue states that the lead must eject if it gets snagged.

Here's hoping someone can help

Regards

Preston_Mark
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Miserables - Victor Hugo

What you need Mark is Lead clips,simple plastic 2 part accessory that holds your lead in place on the line,but ejects the lead under pressure if snagged,cheap and easy to set up with any lead that has a swivel attatched,another advantage is that you can change leads in a second should you need to without breaking down your rig same applies if the lead gets dumped in weed etc simply slip a new one onto the clip. only cost a few pence each,all good tackle shops and ebay sell a multitude of brands. 015.JPG015.JPG
    Last edited by hurricane; 2 weeks ago. Reason: typo
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Thanks Peter

So from what your saying if I understand correctly is you don’t need cap specific leads a normal ledger weight would suffice
      Mark

Comment

Yes Mark, as long as it has a swivel or wire loop,and its the shape and weight you need then its job done,they wont work with inlines or coffin leads but,almost any other lead,Arlsey,torpedo,pear,flat pear,cube and grippas.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Thanks again Peter
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X