Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Converting topkits to roller puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting topkits to roller puller

Hi guys

i am looking to convert some existing topkits that have puller bungs in them. They are from an old like and I have already made the adapter so that they will fit my Preston pole. I know I need to wrap these. I seem to remember a post on here a while ago on this topic but I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Can somebody either point me to the link for the previous thread or answer the question on this thread please

Regards

Preston_Mark

Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Miserables - Victor Hugo

Vespe makes a small universal side puller, just slide it on and grind the hole for the bush. About 8quid.
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Mark you can get a kit from a company called Carbon Mods, it has enough carbon wrap and resin etc to do several repairs to the bigger sections, possibly as many as 4 repairs. For a pulla wrap on a number 3 you would get at least 8 single wraps. Its not cheap at £30 but does the job. I guess that a less than £4 a wrap its reasonable.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
        Vespe makes a small universal side puller, just slide it on and grind the hole for the bush. About 8quid.

Hi Jethro

This might sound like a bit of a daft question but does the carbon wrap come with the bush or do I have to purchase the wrap separately
        Mark

Comment

Why nit just contact poledoctor he did mine. Proffesional job.

Comment

I have contacted him and it seems quite expensive for the amount of kits I would like to convert
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Preston_Mark View Post

Hi Jethro

This might sound like a bit of a daft question but does the carbon wrap come with the bush or do I have to purchase the wrap separately

The Vespe side puller kit is a tough plastic sleeve with a bush, for 8 quid you'll not get a cheaper way to add a side puller to your top kit, the sleeve is plenty strong enough. All you need to do the job is a grinding bit and a drill.
              Look on youtube there's a short film of Rikki Richards fitting one.
              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Thanks Jethro
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X