Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

9-10ft very soft feeder rod

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 9-10ft very soft feeder rod

    hi i'm looking for a very soft feeder rod for fishing short and for skimmers and roach any suggestions

    cheers

  • #2
    9'6 Mach 3 xt or the 10'6 beautiful rods very slim blank, or one of the shakey wands.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rabkia View Post
      hi i'm looking for a very soft feeder rod for fishing short and for skimmers and roach any suggestions

      cheers
      Shakespeare Sigma Wand. New ones are great value and a brill rod for what you want.

      Better still see if anyone on this site is willing to part with an original 1860, if so ensure it has the original glass tips.

      AB

      Comment


      • #4
        Ive got the original mach.2 10ft wand - its superb !! Would never part with it! You really cant go wrong wiyh the shakeys softer again is my 11ft 2 piece powerlite so I imagine of you can get an opinion on the 10ft version that might be well worth a look

        Comment


        • #5
          thanks just looked at an 1880 is that much different from the 1860

          Comment


          • #6
            is the shakespeare Sigma 10ft Wand Rod a decent rod then, ive seen different reviews on this rod and ive thought about trying one but have been put off with the negative reviews

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rabkia View Post
              thanks just looked at an 1880 is that much different from the 1860
              Hi Pal - 1880 is the one, I got it wrong when I said 1860. Should know better I've got 3 off them ( only one with original tips though).

              1880 not only collectors item but very useable - word off warning though tips are very prone to breaking easy if not treated with care.

              Can easily pay £50 + for a perfect sample but well worth it IMHO.

              AB

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hawb81 View Post
                is the shakespeare Sigma 10ft Wand Rod a decent rod then, ive seen different reviews on this rod and ive thought about trying one but have been put off with the negative reviews
                IMO yes - if used for what it is intended. At £39.99 not a lot to splash out compared to what we all do when buying rods 3 times that amount. I think the latest has the tips in the butt section like the original 1880.

                AB

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've got an 1880 I think, in the garage. Sure one of the tips is snapped though.
                  Will root it out in the week, you can have it if you want it Roy, it's not seen the light of day for ages.
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                    I've got an 1880 I think, in the garage. Sure one of the tips is snapped though.
                    Will root it out in the week, you can have it if you want it Roy, it's not seen the light of day for ages.
                    Dave - PM sent

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ok gents thanks ill try and get hold of one of those

                      cheers

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rabkia View Post
                        ok gents thanks ill try and get hold of one of those

                        cheers
                        Pal - Check eBay Not sure if it was an old Ad but an 1880 on there with "buy it now" £25?.

                        Good luck Rabkia

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Rabkia - just thought u could be taking a big risk if you can't verify the tips are original.
                          Perhaps wise to wait - one will turn up on here or other sites sooner than later?.

                          AB

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            thanks gents couldn't get the lad to post the one on ebay just have to keep looking

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ive bought a Shakespeare wand, I am surprised at how fine the tips are, is it designed only for silverfish

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X