Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

9-10ft very soft feeder rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pelet
    replied
    Browning 8ft wands are great small rods,also are same length,when packed away as a ready made up rod.

Leave a comment:

• BIG COL
    replied
    Originally posted by rabkia View Post
    the idea for me is to throw a tiny cage feeder or lead abut 16-20m just past my pole line to pick up roach perch ad skimmers up to 2lb so my 11ft is a little too stiff for what I want
    Any 8/9/10ft light Bomb rod would be perfect for what you want to do ,however the Garbo Rocket Pickers IMO are not suitable
    i would be looking @ a lighter Thinner blank with a better quality Carbon

Leave a comment:

• hawb81
    replied
    I have been using the garbolino rocket picker rods and landed all species, ive thrown loads of feeders out with them, but I always carried the rods made up and for some reason I kept snapping the tips off

Leave a comment:

• rabkia
    replied
    the idea for me is to throw a tiny cage feeder or lead abut 16-20m just past my pole line to pick up roach perch ad skimmers up to 2lb so my 11ft is a little too stiff for what I want

Leave a comment:

• BIG COL
    replied
    What lots of people Dont realise is
    even the thinnest lightest Rods are capable of landing virtualy anything we are likely to Hook ,because the whole length of the Blank is brought into use as the line passes through the rings ,the curve of the rod absorbs the power & weight of the fish.enabling us to land very big fish if we use the rod as it should be used & not just wind down & pull
    take it easy you will be amazed @ what can be achieved
    On the other hand it is worth remembering that Casting puts more pressure on the Rod than any fish
    because it is mainly the last 1/3rd of any rod that has to put up with the Extreme pressure & Abuse that throwing a Feeder puts on it

Leave a comment:

• Abramis Brama
    replied
    Originally posted by hawb81 View Post
    oh dear I have bought it for winter feeder fishing for roach and skimmers and where I can pick up an occasional carp
    That's fine as Col says just use a bomb or a very small cage feeder and you will enjoy catching them Silvers. If and when you hook a carp your soon know if the rod can handle it.

Leave a comment:

• hawb81
    replied
    ok i'll empty it, thanks

Leave a comment:

• BIG COL
    replied
    I have just sent you a PM your inbox is Full !!

Leave a comment:

• hawb81
    replied
    oh dear I have bought it for winter feeder fishing for roach and skimmers and where I can pick up an occasional carp

Leave a comment:

• BIG COL
    replied
    I always use a Shakespeare Clubmaster wand for straight lead on Commercials & although it is almost 30yrs old it is as good as any of the Modern rods
    i have caught everything that swims on it
    Gudgeon & Ruffe /Roach.Skimmers /Bream ,Chub ,Barbel & now Lots of Carp the biggest 27lbs .
    it has Never let me down,,
    I would not even think of chucking a Feeder with it
    But lets get it Straight it would Not stand up to the constant abuse that a Feeder would place it under
    As Roy has pointed out the Tips would eventualy Fold & Break
    If you are looking for a rod to throw Feeders then i would advise you to resist the Temptation to use something that was Designed for
    using with hooklengths from 8ozs targeting shy biting fish on Rivers
    There are literaly Hundreds of Feeder rods out there & they are made for the purpose
    a Feeder rod should be a minimum of 11ft long & IMO the tips should Blend into the Blank
    you would not be able to achieve that using a Picker type rod ,
    Unless you cut the tips back

Leave a comment:

• Abramis Brama
    replied
    Originally posted by hawb81 View Post
    ive bought a Shakespeare wand, I am surprised at how fine the tips are, is it designed only for silverfish
    Yes - not that it won't land a carp or two if you take your time, the problem is casting methods or pellet feeders the tips won't handle the weight and you will soon get line wrap over - there goes the top inch of your tip.

AB

Leave a comment:

• hawb81
    replied
    ive bought a Shakespeare wand, I am surprised at how fine the tips are, is it designed only for silverfish

Leave a comment:

• rabkia
    replied
    thanks gents couldn't get the lad to post the one on ebay just have to keep looking

Leave a comment:

• Abramis Brama
    replied
    Rabkia - just thought u could be taking a big risk if you can't verify the tips are original.
    Perhaps wise to wait - one will turn up on here or other sites sooner than later?.

AB

Leave a comment:

• Abramis Brama
    replied
    Originally posted by rabkia View Post
    ok gents thanks ill try and get hold of one of those

cheers
    Pal - Check eBay Not sure if it was an old Ad but an 1880 on there with "buy it now" £25?.

Good luck Rabkia

Leave a comment:

Working...
X