Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hooks for feeder and chopped worm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooks for feeder and chopped worm.

Hiya all.

Could you recommend patterns of hooks for:
    Pole and chopped worm for skimmers, perch, silver fish etc
    Feeder/bomb work with maggot,caster or chop worm.

Many thanks.
    put the kettle on........;)

Mick... tell us a bit more about the fish you are targeting, their sizes and the elastics you are using on the pole.. it all effects the hook choice.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Sorry mate.
      Being a new boy to this pole lark after 15 years behind buzzers, I forgot that bit. Truth is that I don't really know that bit for sure yet!!!!
      I will be using about a 4 elastic on one top kit and a 6-7 on the other. One rig for punch/pinkie and one for maggot/caster on venues like Nene, Cam, Ouse etc etc target being roach and skimmers.

Is that better???

Cheers.

Comment

If it is roach and skimmers your looking for try the FOX MP1 - its a really light hook so you will need a lighter elastic than a No4 - try and get hold of some Sensas Pure Latex in 0.08 and 0.09 which equates to No2 and No3... these elastics coupled with these hooks will definately give you an advantage over others and get you more bites. If you want a hook thats a bit stronger then look no further than the Colmic 2000 and 2001 they are excellent for roach and skimmers on the pole...

Dont be scarred to use really light elastics, I can land carp up to 5lb on the gear mentioned above on our local lake with a little luck and patience, and these hooks and elastics will definately get you more bites - give it a go and let us know how you get on.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Top men, many thanks lads.

Comment

Working...
          X