Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Favourite Polefloats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Polefloats

THought I would ask everyone what their favourite patterns of polefloats are and why... some come on guys let us all know what works for you -

Some of mine currently include -

Tubertini Concorde - squatt
    Mick Wilkinson Margin - down the edge
    Tubertini Deltas - canal caster
    Sensas Desce - bloodworm
    Latimer Purple - joker
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

I only use cane insert with carbon stems.I take a preference to the preston floats,as they are normally quality.I have messed around with wire stems etc,and have had some good ones,but a lot of bad ones.A good float to me is one that sits in the water perfectly.If it doesnt then i dump the float.These plastic stemmed floats seem poor,ive had them trying to spin around in the water,so i dont use them.A lot of wire floats need greasing constantly,so havent used them since i packed up joker fishing.So i use the carbon stems on canals and carp lakes,normally 4x10,up to 4x14.You just have to watch the eye doesnt rip out on the carp,but thats not very often.
    thanks
    cornerstone.
    ps-mick bassetts,and richard lattimers floats were very good.The preference being micks as they were cheaper.

Comment

Tubertini Stix - Roach/skimmers - shallow canals/stillwaters
      Browning Europa - Roach/skimmers - deep stillwaters (in the larger sizes)
      Future F1 - Far shelf on snake lakes
      Sensas Hubert - Deeper canals/stillwaters that tow. Also in smaller sizes for winter carping.
      Sensas Nicolas - Same as above minus the carping. Size relative to depth.
      Milo Conan/Preston PB13/Future F2 - General carp work
      Roll-on deodorant ball - The Rattler
      MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Malman Thicko's

also got a delivery of Malman Paste floats to put through their paces when it warms up a bit
        [url="http://www.xanga.com/clivep"]The Black Hydro Fishing Adventures[/url]

Comment

I like the Drennan Tipo,especially because of the multi choise coloured tips,really usefull when the light conditions change,it beats having to change to a complete new rig because you can not see the float ..I have the entire set and would'ent be without them !! they also seem to be able to withstand the abuse when catching carp.

Comment

these all seem very interesting but what about when it's blowing a gale and the surfs up ?
            you don't stop playing because you're too old
            you're too old because you stopped playing

Comment

Sarfix Lince
              Sarfix Bonny
              Pole Stix
              Ignesti Series 7
              Ignesti Z3
              An old Iignesti pattern, green and like a bottle
              P & R Klub
              To name a few

Comment

Kc carpas have been great and they are not just for carp
                Let us all bag up

Comment

Preson PB2's
                  Preston PB4's
                  Preston chianti's
                  MAP 7's
                  Matt Smith
                  Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

One that goes under with a fish on the hook. . Seriously though I like the drennen carp 1 and 2s.
                    http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

paulo you keep telling us sarfix...but wont tell us where to get there products
                      In darkness we do what we can
                      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Theres some on Ebay Pete about the only place I have ever seen them.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Getting info on this sarfix stuff is like trying to crack the da vinci code.Its probably made by those monks with their tongues cut out.[the da vinci sarfix code].
                          cornerstone

Comment

Have you done a google search for Sarfix, there is a temporary site under Sarfix.com and one italian shop displays some pole floats, but not a lot pops up for the uk. Come on Paulo let us in on the secret.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian,
                              just searched ebay,couldnt find any sarfix line.If i put in sarfix then it draws a blank.searched pages under fishing line all to no avail.I have bought 200 yards of a line called tornado.Its a low memory resin coated tournament line,that at 0.14 diameter equals 3.3 KG.Which must be very similar to sarfix.It cost £10 FROM A SITE LARRY TEAPOT GAVE ME,I THINK ITS POLEFLOATS.CO.UK
                              iF YOU WANTED THE ADDRESS I CAN GET IT,BUT I THINK thats right.Let me know if its not.the floats are cheap on the site.
                              cornerstone.

Comment

Working...
                              X