Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hyrdo. How long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyrdo. How long

Hi ppl. At the mo my choice of elaccy for carp is prestons hollo. I use 5 ft of it in my match top 3, with the one out.My top kit is about 6 ft. Ive heard a lot about hydro and want to give it a go, but was wondering wether to use it in the full length of my kit or shorten it a bit. I can also use my power kit which is about 7 ft. I hear it retracts a lot better than the other hollow elaccys. Any advive will be great please
    Let us all bag up

I would personally stick to the same length as you are currently using with your other elastic unless you are targetting very big fish and need that little bit of extra stretch - this would be better achieved by doubling up the last foot next to the bung to give an extra bit of power when one really pulls to try and bottom your elastic out.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Ok thanks Simon, best thing to do is actually try it and see Anyone else got anymore info on their hydro set ups would be great
      Let us all bag up

Comment

well on my pole i just take out flick tip and use the biggest internal bush and hydro works fine, if youve got a soft grade of hydro i would put a bit of dacron on and you can do 2 tops
        Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

Hi Monty ,

All my tops are done in Hydro great stuff. £15.00 for 3mtr sounds a rip off but it is good stuff. So what I do is cut the elastic in halve and make sure you tie a knot in the cut ends to stop the elastic bleeding, then I get some braid a winder bung and two stonfo's to suite the size of your elastic, of course one stonfo will be placed at the business end and the other placed at the opposite end of the elastic, then tie the braid on and wrap it around your winder bung until you are satisfied that the tension is to your likeing. I have sucessfully used this method for two years know and never had a problem. So two for the price of one mate, makes it cheap as chips.
          Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
          ><((((?>
          .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

I use hydro very similar to Wedecs' method. 1.5m of red & black in power kits but attached to Preston Hollo winder bung via a length of dacron, making it very easy to adjust tension

Comment

i have just put dacron on my hydro but thats only because im too tight too buy some new stuff
              Matt Smith
              Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Ok Thanks, thats a great help. sounds like its best to keep the hydro at about 5ft then. Just got to catch some carp now lol
                Let us all bag up

Comment

Working...
                X