Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

crows foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crows foot

hi all heard about this method (attaching pole rigs to elastic ) can any one tell me why and how to do it instead of using a stowfo connector posted this by mistake on one of the other forums thanks guys

Puzzles me that the line doesn't cut through the line. However the plastic that stonfo's are made of can cut the line.The crows foot doesn't rattle on the tip of your pole. I used to use a knotted piece of braid and double loop on the rig line which also didn't rattle. But somebody is going to give you a better reason for using the crows foot! Wait and see!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Think I meant knotted terylene. What I used to back fly line!!
      John - Kingfisher

Comment

the only way the line will cut the elastic is if line and elastic isnt balanced.... for example if you used 0.08mm on a number 12 elasic what happens then is all the pressure is on the knot on the elastic causing the thin line to cut through...
        Matt Smith
        Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

i always have 2 inches of dental floss on the end of my elastic....presumeably like darcon just put my rig on to that no line cut then just use a double loop and it pulls free when im done
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Not braid,not terylene it was Dacron I usedto use a la Larry!!
            John - Kingfisher

Comment

the best thing about a crows foot is if you get snaged or you are playing a good fish and the hook comes out, it would not smash the tip of your top kit were a stonfo might do this. also you can change your float faster, i like to use dacron to put my floats on i just double loop the line one big loop and one small. the small loop is for get the float off big loop is for putting it on just put your fingers into the big loop pull the Maine line through and make a loop push the dacron through the loop and pull the Maine line tight. now to get it off you pull the small loop and off it comes as easy as that. also if you fishing were there is over hanging snags then you must cut the top off the small loop line just leaving you with two bits of line if not you could loss your float on the snag that it have a go.

Comment

Is there no problem with the crows foot retracting into the pole with the tension?
                John - Kingfisher

Comment

With the lighter elasics which could retract in the bush, slip a rubber bead on between the knot and the bush, or tie in a thicker piece of elastic wnen you tie the knot, if using pure latex it can be used to colour code the different strengths of latex.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I used to put a plastic bead Brian, but of course that could have catapulted back on pulling out of a snag and damaged pole tip as mentioned by bagging up art! Might revert to Dacron instead of stonfo on next rejig!
                    John - Kingfisher

Comment

Working...
                    X