Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

thinking of turning to the dark side...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of turning to the dark side...

So after 15 or so years of match fishing and a gap of 5 years, I have decided to retire the pole and I'm thinking about going specimen fishing but I don't know where to start.

The waters that I'm planning on fishing are Clay pit waters with big Tench and Bream (Yes Mr Lockett, I'm going to the waters I hated for 20 odd years Racks!!).

Can anybody help in regards of kit, bait and any advice in general. On my local circuit I was know as a silverfish angler so I really am clueless when it comes to fishing for big fish.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

Cheers
    Mark

DONT DO IT MATE!!!!!!!
    it will be a shame.
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

mate get down the docs get lots of pills to sort ya self out how dare you retire your pole to sit in a green tent lookin at a rod for days at a time you might as well take knitting up and stay at home lol
      [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Come on in the waters lovely.lol
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

May the force be with you my son! OB1 Shinobi in the Diawa Galaxy will guide you through the unearthly tasks that lie before you. You must avoid the simplest of rigs, for these will gain you nothing - adorn your braid with as many trinklaments as you can, for your quarry will never sense they are there. Ensure your four weapons of choice are of exactly the same ilk, but each must be instantly and individually recognisable by sound and light of suitable intensity. You must lure your quarry with alien morsels of every flavour and every colour - you must sometimes pretend.

Think nothing of cost and discard those items that become obsolete overnight - cast them far into the Ebay System and seek out more advanced armoury at every oppurtunity, lest your adverseries advance ahead of you.

Blend into your world - become invisible for your nemesis should never know you are there. Sleep heavy and sleep long. You will know when the time is right. Protect yourself from the elements and eat well for you will need yor strength.

Remain silent. Speak nothing of your accomplishments and make friends amongst only those who may unwittingly aid your triumph. Avoid the land of the Hut, for dark things lurk there.

Go swiftly my son for you have much to collect, much to learn and only time ahead of you.
          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Hurricane.... is that a baby whale?

Comment

First off you call me an ugly brute,now im a baby whale,id call that provocative if i didnt know you were joking lol. loved the star wars thread mate,many a true word spoken in jest!!!

Comment

Cheers mate.... that carp's dorsal looks a bit deformed to me, lmao

Comment

Originally posted by fish farmer View Post
                  Cheers mate.... that carp's dorsal looks a bit deformed to me, lmao
                  Thats cause the matchmen keep putting him in thier keepnets

Comment

we're not helping Mark here are we?

So when you coming fly fishing for gudgeon at our place then mate?

Comment

Mark,sorry if we hijacked your thread a bit,go with it mate,your previous experience will stand you in good stead(unlike the hundreds of instant specimen hunters out there).if i can be of any help mate just ask,Regards Peter.

Comment

bttt

Comment

hurricane... do you use that catfish to carry your gear in. i hear they make a good barrows.lol

Comment

Would do mate but most of em wiegh more than my barrow lol.

Comment

this boy will terrified of one of those ....lol. i have known mark since we fished for milo as kids, he might have had too much to drink and thought that he could get over his phobia of large fish. we will have to wait until he replies later. cheers pete..

Comment

Working...
                              X