Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Starter pole advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter pole advice

Since having a quite a successful go 'on the pole' at the Cudmore show, my son has decided that's what he'd like. I know nowt about pole fishing but have agreed that he can have a budget margin pole to start with. On the basis that he just might get fed up with it quite quickly (as kids do!) I'm looking at kits around the £20-30 mark, including a Middy combined pole/whip that my local tackle shop has at £22.50.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

ok m8 as you say it may be just a fad but if your son is really into fishing then its a good chance that he will love it.as you have mentioned Middy combined pole/whip .personally i would go for the middy white nuckle 6m this can be bought as a package from most places for about £35 also i know it may be out of budget but there is a hell of a lot of slightly longer ones that will make great margin sticks if he gets into pole fishing hence no need to buy a margin stick later like the MIDDY WIZARD 9.5m POLE PACKAGE £89 With an elastic rating of 22 and weighing only 535g at 8m 1 x Wizard 8m pole.
    1 x Wizard 9.5m extension.
    1 x Power Take Apart Top Two Kit.
    2 x Full Elastication Kits (bungs, elastics, bushes and connectors).
    1 x ready to use Pellet Carp Rig.
    1 x pack of 2 Slide Cupps.
    just an example if you pay that little bit more you get a lot better and save in the long run im sure that other people will add more examples so ill leave it at that.hope this was of some help...
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Middy White Knuckle 6m pole is good comes with 2 top kits and 2 rigs can be found at £30 at some places i got mine for £40

Also this pole is reasonably light at full length and i have caught carp upto 17lb on it
      The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
      [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

Thanks for that guys. I do know of this pole as the guy at one of my local tackle shops said it was very popular. Will definitely be considering it as a possibility. Cheers.

Comment

Middy white knuckle, 2 top kits, 2 rigs and 1 pot for £38.00. The lad is very happy with his new toy. Even better if he catches with it at Wassell Grove tomorrow

Considering the cost its a very good piece of kit and reatively light.

Thanks all for your recommendations.

Comment

Working...
          X