Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole Rig material.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Rig material.

Come on then fellas..

2 years ago i had a fairly decent stock of Pro Micron, and i used to use that soley for my rigs, literally everything from carp down to silvers. but i cant get it anywhere now and understand that it is discontinued..

What line are you lot using..
    Effort = Reward.

I use Power line for the rigs and silk shock for the hook length
    A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

It was a very good line, especially in the really small sizes as it wasnt pre strecthed like most of the high tech lines it retained a little stretch

There are so many out there to choose from the preston powerline seems popular and thats what I use just keep in mind its a little bigger in the diameter than it states although it seems stronger too, It knots well and idoesnt seem to suffer abrasion like some lines, if you do kink it wet your fingers and run down the line and its relativly straight again it appears to have little or low memory.

I was told a few months back that pro micron is still available its packaged under another name I cant remember for the life of me who its marketed under but you got a small spool of line for hooklengths in the the main spool of line. I havnt checked it to see if its the same either

JC
      [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Fox micron is the same stuff i use this and Silstar Match team both are excellent IMO.

Comment

I think Fox micron maybe pro micron 3 repackaged the name seems to ring a bell,
          [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

JC...

Its not the Shakespeare Superteam AML is it by any chance..? Ive had a good look around a few things and this looks very similar..?

Cheers so far.

I do have a couple of spools of the Powerline and the knot tests ive done so far its pretty good.. So if i cant find the Pro Micron, then thats looking good...
            Effort = Reward.

Comment

Fox micron plus is the replacement for Pro Micron. I like the Middy low viz for float fishing and used to like Daiwa Super Shinobi, also discontinued! heard the Gamakatsu Super G line is similar.

Comment

Working...
              X