Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

shotgun feeeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shotgun feeeders

hi all has anyone used these feeders inline or elasticated, ive used the guru pellet feeders only because i had it gave me to try but didnt fancy paying that much for them, ive looked at the shotgun ones they look nice, if anyone has used them let me no your opion please any feed back would be helpfull cheers andy...
    [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

i have only used prestons elasticated pellet feeders and must say i would reccomend them

Comment

Shotgun Feeders

An excellent piece of kit, although i've only used the non elasticated version.Use a short hooklength as you would if fishing "the method", half fill them with mini pellets, tuck your baited hook inside and fill up with more mini pellets. At this point make sure you press the contents in firmly or they will fly out during the cast. You can use what you like as hookbait, 6 red maggots on a size 14 works well, but experiment. Have a look on YouTube-Review-Middy Shotgun Feeder for a demo.
      I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Andy, i`ll swap you 2 middy shotgun feeders for 1 guru pellet feeder?
        i started with nothing, and have most of it left:([COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]

Comment

hi lads thanx for the info, darlo ive only got the one mate and supa bod brought it me cause he loves me lol so i cant swop it mate i gather you dont like them then mate what do you think of them
          [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

i probably havent used them enough but in my opinion i found the preston pellet feeder caught more than the shotgun feeders both types were used on the day with the same bait (micros with corn on a hair).

Comment

the only reason i was going to try them was with a pellet feeder i felt the pellets would expand a bit and slowy would come just out the feeder were as the shotgun pushes the bait out in a pile so might get a quicker response ? the reason for wantin to try them was i love fishin the method but some venues only allow pellet feeders i used one the other day for the first time had plenty of fish but lost quite alot as well i dont mind loosin some but i felt i lost to many with a normal pellet feeder hense wanting to try that one really id feel the bait was all out the feeder around the hook bait and you would get a better take better hook hold ? or am i on drugs lol lol cheers for the response's lads

Comment

shotgun feeders

hi andy, i thought these were a bit of a gimmick when these first came out, but have since changed my mind. I was watching someone use one the other day on a out and out bream venue, and he uses them on different venues on a regular basis. As it happens he won that day with over 85lb, granted he was on a good peg. He showed me how he loads it up and the principals behind it, and i have got to be honest i am going to give them a go, s--t or bust for the sake of a few quid anythings worth a try.
                cheers
                dave

Comment

They work really well on waters which are over fished and requires one cast and just leave it there till you get a bite as you know your bait is positioned perfectly.
                  Simon Young
                  Admin
                  Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                  web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

thanx again lads uve been really helpfull i think i will be trying some then, and dave thats an idea ive got some matches at patshull comin up i might have a day over there with one see what response i get thanx again chaps you clever boys lol ...............

Comment

Andy they are ok mate, done me proud on a few matches this season. If you are having problems try altering hook length.

Comment

Andy, if you want them drop me a couple of quid to cover postage i`ll accept paypal

Comment

shotgun

Hi Darlo-toe ihave been looking to buy some have you got a web site invo please dave

Comment

i bought them from my local tackle shop, cant get on with them

Comment

am they the elasticated ones mate cause thats the sort im after

Comment

Working...
                              X