Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

maver powerlite 14.5m , invincible pole,or comp 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maver powerlite 14.5m , invincible pole,or comp 101

any advice on wat one to get?

neither mate daiwa sr3 will do what both them poles will do
    [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

I don't think the Daiwa as any chance of doing what the invincible can do.
      If you're after an all rounder then the 101 would be okay, the Invincible is really just for heavy fishing or fishing to hand, it's quite heavy but well balanced and can be fished at full lenght, but is probably at it's best with the last section off... it's amazingly strong, i've got one and it's had a lot of stick, the wall strenght is eye opening.

carl.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

Depends on what type of venues you fish, i have 2 competition series poles and they are very good all round poles well capable on your average commercial fishery. I also have an invincible which is a proper crunching pole. If your catching doubles regurlarly then look at the invincible if not the powerlite and 101 would do the job.

Comment

don't get the 101 mate, a friend of mine has the 151 and if he could give it back at anywhere near the money he paid for it he would.The old powerlight was not a bad pole but I have not seen the new one's. The invincible is a super strong pole ideal for paste fishing, an out and out bagging tool as the above post states it well balanced till the later sections and well worth a look if thats the style of fishing you do. However if you are looking for a pole that will do it all the daiwa sr3 from the first post imo is by far the better option as an all rounder....hope this doesn't just give you a bigger headache bb

Comment

well said mate the invincible is a strong pole but its going back to the old days just like when they brought out the power maxim when you had 8 to 10 meters of pole in the air which no one does that these days as long as you play the fish properly you never over stress your pole, i had the 151 broke many time had to sell it before it cost me more money brought the sr3 and wish i had from day one, like i said mate most my summer fishing is paste fishing had many double figure carp its a joy to use but its your money so go hold them set up sittin on a box then you will get a feel for them
            [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

I do actually agree with vidas, the daiwa SR range are a very good pole and probably one of the best all rounder can get . You could also look at the MAP TKS range which are on a par with anything in it's price bracket.
              I think Maver have produced the Invincible as a tool which can cope with the ever increasing size of the carp match anglers are seeking out, 10lb to 15lb even 20lb fish are becoming quite common place these days, rather than risk your expensive match pole..
              Carl.
              Last edited by Carlbags; 30 July 2009, 09:20 PM.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

well said carl i think these days people dont need somthing that unbreakable they have only brought it out cause the other range kept breakin lol as we all no these days if you want a light pole you risk it breakin my advise is dont worry about weight i did when i had the maver 151 it broke 5 times now ive gone for something a bit heavier hense thicker wall strenght and less chance of breakages nice chat carl .oh the only reason i went to daiwa was my mate has had one for years without a prob i looked on the daiwa site watched the video about the sr3 went and held it brought it love it
                Last edited by vidas; 30 July 2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X