Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

un-hooking advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• un-hooking advice

Hi all
    whats the correct method and way to un hook a fish when using a disgorger, especially for small fish and deeply hooked.
    Any diagrams available

Keep a taught line engage the line into the disgorger slot slide the disgorger down to the hook, once the hook is located in the slot gently ease the hook out with a slight forward motion.

Found pic its not brilliant but its the best I could find

Last edited by justin case; 30 July 2009, 01:34 PM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Great answer JIC, iwould just add i find it helps to twist line once round the barrel of the disgorger.Regards Peter.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Thanks guys, but how do you keep a taught line on the pole. The elastic always seem to prevent this when I try???

Comment

Originally posted by rob39 View Post
          Thanks guys, but how do you keep a taught line on the pole. The elastic always seem to prevent this when I try???
          hold the line between your small finger and palm as you engage the discgorger or put the pole between your legs and use the laccy to keep the line taught
          [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Buy a Slamo hook disgorger they're realy good.
            The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Yeah, buy a slamo, very good, not cheap-£3, don't float, but best disgorger on the market and much easier to use than a slot type one.
              Last edited by tackle tart; 30 July 2009, 08:12 PM.
              I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Working...
              X