Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

need some help after a long break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help after a long break

hi all this being my 2nd post so here goes ok now i have a maver deliverance with the standed 2 spare top 3 kits which the first section being took out if that makes sense, now i used to fish canals but now i am going to fish lakes or ponds the places i be fishing are sherwood park fishery and hallcroft,these 2 places are going to be my main places now my question being is what size laccy would my pole be best suited for, i know u lot hea rthis all the time but these two places im gonna fish are full off mixed fish even carp up to 24lb tench and bream ect 4lb+ now i dont fancy getting a big fish on me pole and have it snap into tiny bits, so my fellow anglers what would you recomend i use IE-: laccy, main line,hook lengh,ect like i said i have 2 tops section and they need new laccy in and cant remember what they are so i need ya help in getting me ready cheers

With only two top kits you are a bit limited for choice, but I use the Maver dual core elastic size 12-20 in one of my tops which if not set too tight will handle skimmers as well as bigger fish although a 24lb fish might take a bit of handling, alternatves may be black hydro or any of the other hollow elastics.
    I also use pure latex in a size 12 for fish to around the 6/7 lb mark again it seems fairly forgiving when hooking smaller fish, the alternative would be white hydro. I have had no problems with the 12-20 dual core which is now getting on for 3 years old although I have remade the stonflo connection a couple of times by letting a couple of inches of the winder bung.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian is pretty much spot on with his recommendation - a good starting point would be to have one top with white hydro and one with the Maver Dual core 12-20....

As for lines and hooks... Get some of the Gamakatsu G-Line in 0.10, 0.12 and 0.14 and some Tubertini 808 hooks in sizes 16, 18 and 20.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung
        Brian is pretty much spot on with his recommendation - a good starting point would be to have one top with white hydro and one with the Maver Dual core 12-20....

As for lines and hooks... Get some of the Gamakatsu G-Line in 0.10, 0.12 and 0.14 and some Tubertini 808 hooks in sizes 16, 18 and 20.

errrm whats those in breaking strain m8 those 0.10 ect baffles me

Comment

Take a look at the spools of line and they will have a line diameter stated as well as breaking strain from brand to brand they will differ slightly, .10 line will break at around 2.5lb .12 at say 3.6lb and so on, most rigs for carp are made up on either .14 or .16 line if its big lumps and snaggy then you might need to go to .20, remember for rigs you are looking for the hi-tech line as opossed to reel lines which will have a lower breaking strain.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X