Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Sufficient replacement for Maxima line???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sufficient replacement for Maxima line???

I might sound like a bit of a tightwad here but i'm looking for a cheaper replacement for my reellines. I have noticed my most recent Maxima wasn't that good quality wise compared to previous spools. This could have been a bad batch but i thought it would be a good chance to try something new.

I have seen Daiwa sensor for about £8 for 3000 M bulk spools and people on the forums seem to think its a good line. Do you think its a suitable replacement for the Maxima?

I reason I have went for Maxima in the past is that its a stretchy, sinking line. Does anyone have any experience of using Sensor and able to clarify if its any good in the stretchy, sinking department.

Many thanks

I use it for most of my fishing, but only in bs 10_25lb.its a bit springy but tough as old boots and cheap as chips. used max for years the bekley big game now i stick with sensor clear and brown,its got a fair bit of stretch and the heavier bs sinks well,but mines usually got plenty of lead on it lol.give it a try mate.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

i'd be looking to use it in 4 and 6 lb breaking strains. will that make any difference or does the quality run through all breaking strains?

Comment

Originally posted by johnagall View Post
        i'd be looking to use it in 4 and 6 lb breaking strains. will that make any difference or does the quality run through all breaking strains?
        Dont know for certain but i cant see any reason why it shouldnt.atb Peter
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

It's a pretty good line for those on a budget, go for it!
          The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
          Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
          Check out:
          www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
          log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

I use it for all my reel lines mate never had any probs,plenty of stretch doesn't kink up good all round line.....and cheap as chips

Comment

Daiwa sensor all the way 7.99 for about 2000 metres is very good value you can make it sink or float its quite versatile
              [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Fantastic line, Its all I use.

Comment

i have been using some browning cenitan.very ,very strong stuff.i think its now called something else.about £3.99 for 150m.
                  talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

Working...
                  X