Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Daiwa 10.6m yank n bank margin pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daiwa 10.6m yank n bank margin pole

Hi, just bought the Daiwa yank n bank margin pole.It's the first margin pole I have ever bought.The reason being the lake I fish is really quite snaggy in the margins and I have been missing out on some good sport.looking for some advice on elasticating this pole it has come with 2 power kits,so if you own one could you tell what elastic,bungs bushes etc do you use.
    Thanks Kevin.

ay up m8- had a yank n bank for just over a year and ive got black hydro in one top two (14) red hydro in the other top two (20), also i did away with the No 1 section from the match top three and cut it back to the same length as the power tops and put some hollow sensas elastic in light blue in colour rated No 20 elastic all three are done half and half with elastic and dacron with dacron connectors. as for bungs and bushes just use whatever is your fancy.ps watch for the number four section if you hook into a big un as ive had three new ones in a year !!!!
    Sean Hanrahan

Comment

Thanks for that Sean thats excactly the info I was after.And by the way how much did you pay for the replacement no4. (no doubt I'll need one)
      Cheers Kevin

Comment

Yank and bank margin pole

Originally posted by kminch View Post
        Hi, just bought the Daiwa yank n bank margin pole.It's the first margin pole I have ever bought.The reason being the lake I fish is really quite snaggy in the margins and I have been missing out on some good sport.looking for some advice on elasticating this pole it has come with 2 power kits,so if you own one could you tell what elastic,bungs bushes etc do you use.
        Thanks Kevin.
        Hi Kev

Not a bad pole I have had mine for a number of months. however would advise you to buy a couple of number 4 sections (only £16) as i have had 2 go on me when llanding fish. M
        As for elasitices I have 2 top kits with 19 holo in and 1 with 20 solid lacky and 1 with 15 holo. Should cover all eventualities that you may come across.

Hope this helps
        Tony B

Comment

Not a bad pole but defo get a back up no4 section saw one 'go' last week , not pretty although it was on a big carp.

Comment

Thanks for the great feedback lads but it's what i have come to expect from such a great forum. I'm already looking into trying to find a dealer that supplies spare sections.
            Thanks Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by kminch View Post
              Thanks for the great feedback lads but it's what i have come to expect from such a great forum. I'm already looking into trying to find a dealer that supplies spare sections.
              Thanks Kevin.
              fishingspares.co.uk
              Sean Hanrahan

Comment

I also had to get a new no4 section but was probably my fault. But regarding elasticating i cut the power kits back to fit garb internal 3.6 dia bush and put in middy blue (18ish) and white (24ish), both worked well also use drennan winder bung.

Comment

Maybe we should contact Daiwa and offer our services as field test consultants??
                  Instead of dosh maybe a couple of freebie no 4 sections (Yank and Bank) Hmm could we be onto something??

Comment

Yank n bank No 4 section

Guys not owning a Yank n bank, and quiet new to pole fishing, have they all just exploded at the number 4 section because of the size of fish, surely that can't be right....balanced Tackle comes to mind ? and if it is balanced tackle, then i'd send it back to Diawa!...regards Bill

Comment

Originally posted by billythreepuds View Post
                      Guys not owning a Yank n bank, and quiet new to pole fishing, have they all just exploded at the number 4 section because of the size of fish, surely that can't be right....balanced Tackle comes to mind ? and if it is balanced tackle, then i'd send it back to Diawa!...regards Bill
                      bill - its well known whichever pole your using the 4,5,6 sections are the ones that take the brunt of pressure when hooked into something decent,true comment about balanced tackle but if a margin pole is rated to 20 elastic then its what your gonna use coupled with a main line and hook length thats up to landing double figure fish, must say though that two of the no4 sections ive had go have been my fault but the other clean snapped about 5 inches from the base with the fish half in the net and the three sections up in the air at about 45 degrees.
                      Sean Hanrahan

Comment

get rid of it and get a shimano beastmaster
                        nuff said
                        Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Homer J Simpson.

Comment

A few weeks ago i would have raved about the yank and bank but i had the no4 section fracture in 2 places which caused me to loose the no3 and top kit with it. As luckypiker said it was a big fish but i was just hanging on and not trying to bully the fish. So the yank and bank is going in the bin and i am looking at the drennan margin pole at the moment.
                          Last edited by D N W; 14 August 2009, 04:32 PM.
                          Steve Davies

Comment

i broke my number 4 on the first session using this margin pole sent it back to daiwa and they replaced it free of charge.
                            not had a problem with it since. had 84lb with it at moon lake last time out.

Comment

get the beastmaster its a far stonger pole

Comment

Working...
                              X