Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole/elastic help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole/elastic help please

I ve just recieved me new pole and unfortunately none of my old kits including the universal top kits fit it. .
    i ll prob use it now as a margin pole with 2 top kits currently 16 + 12 solid elastic.
    My new pole has three top kits and will be mostly used for commercial Carp but with the occasional river and canal trips (only 4 or 5 times a year).

What elastic would you suggest having in my new three top kits?

Cheers in advance for the help

Tony

Originally posted by TONYG View Post
    I ve just recieved me new pole and unfortunately none of my old kits including the universal top kits fit it. .
    i ll prob use it now as a margin pole with 2 top kits currently 16 + 12 solid elastic.
    My new pole has three top kits and will be mostly used for commercial Carp but with the occasional river and canal trips (only 4 or 5 times a year).

What elastic would you suggest having in my new three top kits?

Cheers in advance for the help

Tony
    My personal choice would depend on the size of carp, but for fish to 2/3lbs I'd go for 10-12 Latex.
    Bigger fish would need 14-16 Latex, with a 18ish solid/Latex for margins/snaggy pegs.
    I've tried Hydro/Dual core and find it too stretchy, and too expensive.
    People who use Hydro rave about it, but most of the top guys I know have moved away from it.

Comment

Elastic rating

Hi Tony, dos'nt your new top three have a recomended elastic rating?..regards Bill

Comment

Cheers for the posts lads.

the new top kits do have a elastic rating but wanted to have a good spread of elastic to cover all different situations. I suppose i could just change elastics when on the rare occassions when im on a canal/river or just after silvers.

Tony

Comment

Working...
        X