Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

float rod but which one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• float rod but which one??

hi all, i have just gotten back into fishing, after a lay off due to ill health. i am disabled so now tend to fish Commercial fishers, no long walks or banks to deal with at them , i did love to stick float , fish rivers but alas no more.
    Back to the main reason for my post, its that time of year birthday coming up and i fancy a new float rod , at the moment i use my trusty old Daiwa Sensor Match Rod . butI fancy a new and if pos lighter one .
    I have about £30 to £60 on a rod not a lot i know, plus i am going to buy a new reel looking to spend about £30 on one so any advice would be of help i have looked but i am spoilt for choice plus i dont wnat to end up with a rod that will not suite the style of fishing i now do , I have bought me a korum Deluxe Accessory Chair plus arms i can recommend them to anyone who has back problems
    thanks jonj0e.........

[QUOTE=jonj0e;102732]hi all, i have just gotten back into fishing, after a lay off due to ill health. i am disabled so now tend to fish Commercial fishers, no long walks or banks to deal with at them , i did love to stick float , fish rivers but alas no more.

Hiya Mate!...If your going to go on Commercials, a good 'Pellet Waggler' Rod should fit the bill...

Garbolino do a quality piece o' kit for the princely sum of 29 Quid!!...

I went for a Diawa myself (The new SR3 Model) but these are more pricey...

Comment

thanks dace wil give em a look thanks

Comment

iv got the mavor abyis i think thats you spell it its a pellet waggler it was £30 its a 3 piece rod its doing me well iv had a 9lb carp on it
        it is a very good rod for the price and very light
        but at the end of the day its your choice
        hope this helped

Comment

thanks danny will give it a look

Comment

The garbolino squad 2 piece 12' combo rod at £45.00 is for me the best value on the market a 2 top feeder rod and a quality waggler rod cannot be beaten had doubles on both sections amazing action for the money regards Stewartr

Comment

Not sure if a commercial type rod is what you need. they are very limited in what they can do.
              A decent 13' medium waggler rod will cope with both silvers and most carp.
              They cast better with lighter terminal tackle as well.
              just a thought.

Comment

thanks stwartr and blondie

Comment

ive got a maver nembo 14 ft power rod virtually brand new tha can avit if tha wants it
                  nige cooke

Comment

hi cookie thank you very much for the kind offer, but i have ordered a 12ft wagger power its a middy one ,
                    so thanks to every one for the advise and you cookie once again for the very kind offer, and its nice to know there are folks like you out there , tight lines my friend
                    thank you jonj0e..............

Comment

no worries mate hope you catch stacks
                      nige cooke

Comment

Working...
                      X