Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

paste in tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paste in tubs

i have seen alot of the tubs of paste in tackle shops recently. i am wondering if they are any gd? thanks

Alot of anglers who make their own say they are not sloppy enough as you want the hook to pull through the paste when a fish takes it. But i suppse it,s down to trial and error or your own preference.

Comment

Ive used the 'tub' paste but personally find it much too stiff although i have caught on it. I much prefer paste to be as soft as possible unless im fishing in deep water.

Comment

Its best to make your own.

Comment

Mix your own you will save a fortune. So easy to fish the paste i dont know why anglers get so hung up about it

Comment

No good. too stiff and too dear. and catch alot more fish with sloppier paste. !!

Comment

Tub paste is generally rubbish. Green Swim Stim Groundbait is excellent for making paste and far cheaper/better than whats sold in tubs.

Comment

When i make my paste it dont stay on the hook very long after the a slight knock it comes off
                HHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
                The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
                [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

tub is made stiffer because you can use it on your rod or feeder well that what it says on the tub iv tried it b4 and it works but you do miss more bites than home made

Comment

Defonatley should make your own....far too stiff for my liking !! although i dont like using paste anyway but defonatly seems too stiff !!
                    [CENTER][B][U]Fishing is a lifestyle, not a hobby !![/U][/B][/CENTER]
                    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]:)[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                    X