Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pole advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole advice

if you was going to get a carp pole say 13m with 2 power kits & a cupping kit what would you get i will be using it on venues which is mainly carp 4 - 10lb (2nd pole)
    cheers worms

I've had great success catching exactly that with my Preston CXR 600. It comes with an extension to take it up to 14.5m should you need to but I don't think I've ever used it. At 13m it weighs around 900g.

I've found it just as easy to catch 10lb carp as it is 2lb, only just recently started using hollo elastic which I'm also very impressed with. What's your budget?

Comment

Maver poles DEFINATELY. maybe try the 151/171 which are 14.5metres. or try the 101/121 which are 13metres. Maver are by far the best value for money crp poles !!!

Comment

hi m8 try the shimano xta 13m

Comment

Originally posted by worms View Post
          if you was going to get a carp pole say 13m with 2 power kits & a cupping kit what would you get i will be using it on venues which is mainly carp 4 - 10lb (2nd pole)
          cheers worms
          Daiwa SR2,...12.5m + .5m extention = 13m
          1 match kit up to 10 elastic
          3 power kits up to 20 elastic
          Cup kit and cups
          Holdall and tubes
          All for the princely sum of £399
          Blimey...I should be on commission for this!!!!!
          I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Working...
          X