Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rod Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Information

As you guys and gals are much, much more knowledgeable about angling than myself........

Can anyone tell me anything about Rodcraft handmade 12" long range carbon kevlar rods.

All help receives a hug and a blood orange in your Christmas stocking.

I also need help with some vintage glass fibre rods...

Thanks

WiggleWaggle

u a dealer or summat
    work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Originally posted by billyno4 View Post
      u a dealer or summat

Ha!, no mate I am not a dealer or summat.......?

I am the unfortunate recipient of a mass of tackle due to the death of my father. Not being an angler myself I am looking for information from people who know a lot more a bout the sport than I do.

If I were a dealer then I would not have to ask questions would I ?

Any help would be welcome.

I have many other questions, but I don't know if I should ask now as people seem cautious.

Thanks anyway

WiggleWaggle

Comment

Ask away mate.you are sure to get plenty of response.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Thank Mr. Hurricane,.....

I can't find anything on the Rodcraft as described above, any information would be good,

Also, I have found 4 x Signed Tag Barnes Super carps, any ideas????

Cheers guys and gals

Wiggle Waggle

Comment

Dont have any info on rodcraft,but Tag Barnes was about in the 60s, some of his books fetch upwards of £50 for a 1st ed.so the rods will be worth something. must say your dad had good taste.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Oh Mr. Hurricane, that's only the start!.

Without the sea/boat gear I am up to 47 rods so far. I found another 6 Center pins last night..???? Whats all that about then?

I have a whole bin liner full of Hooks, Rigs and Line.
              I've About 80 to 90 floats, Bite Alarms, Seats, Umbrellas, Rod Bags, Tackle Seats, Trolleys, Pods, Boiley Stuff, Smelly Liquids, Blanks, Tilley Lamps, Hats, Boots, Jackets, Floatation Suits, Waders, and on and on and on.....

It's like he had a secret obsession. I knew he liked Angling, but Blimey!!!!

I am gonna try to out the Hexographs to a good home. They look like they need not to be sat in a corner.

Thanks for your help Mr. Hurricane.

Comment

I would reccomend you make a full list and contact a specalist in old gear, the guy who presented the Just Fishing programme springs to mind Chris Sandford, dont know how you get hold of him mind, but he does appear at a few vintage tackle shows around the country.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Brian, I need a big bit of paper and a sharp pencil....

Comment

Dont know if u have got sky tv , but if u have , on friday night at 7 pm there is a programme called tight lines presented by keith arthur , sky sports 3 . I think mr arthur would be more than willing to give u a contact number for cris sandford who i am sure would be very interested in the gear u have . You can get the email address off the programme i cant remember exactly what it is. You could be sat on a lot of pennies mate. Hope this helps. Also there is a lot of good guys on this site from the same neck of the woods as cris ,maybe if u put a post up asking if anyone has contact with him this might help.

Comment

Got any old lures amongst that collection ?
                      [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by justin case View Post
                        Got any old lures amongst that collection ?

Still trawling through mate so I will keep my untrained eye out

Cheers

Comment

Found four of these just now ??? JW Young trudex Grey
                          Found JW Young Rapidex Grey
                          Found JW Young Trudex Black

????????
                          Attached Files

Comment

If you have the origonal boxes and going on the picture you should get around £80 for the Rapidex and around £40 for the Trudex
                            the price varies on condition,

sounds to me you have got a very nice collection of vintage tackle there with th other kit you have mentioned
                            [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

sound to me like hes taking the **** i know nothing about vintage tackle but have heard of every name hes mentioned,and i know that they are vintage stuff,i also think a non angler would not use the screen name wiggle waggle

call me cynical if you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X