Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Silvers Pole..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvers Pole..??

Anyone got any advice on which pole to get..?

Im after 14.5 or 16m pole which is best suited to silvers, and maybe a little bit of heavier work.. but not an out and out cruncher, which a majority of pole nowadays seem to be.

My thinking is for a G8 Or something similar.

Ian
    Effort = Reward.

Colmic x5000, you can buy them at 13, 14.5 or 16mts

Comment

daiwa spectron mate if you can get hold of one

Comment

Look at Tri cast poles mate bit heavy but rated to 16s and very good with silvers as they are mainly match poles and you will get spares for em for the next 50years lol
        A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I will be honest Ian mate the Daiwa G8 is ok for silvers but not an out and out canal pole. I use mine as a carp pole for commercials for the summer mainly as it is strong but not the stiffest or lightest at length and the balance is not perfect for silvers. Don't get me wrong it will do it ok and handle nearly all your commercial work, but for out and out silver fishing and occasional smaller carp a Spectron Mk 2 would be my choice from what I have seen. They are incredibly light and well balanced and I would love to have one for winter fishing but cant justify the outlay at the moment.

Comment

Trust me there is only 1 choice - the colmic X5000 - it will blow your mind!
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I'm no expert but i've got the Spectron M2 and its so light even i can hold it properly for long periods at 16m if thats what you need. As for the heavier work i've had no problems with carp up to about 7lb with black hydro although i wouldn't go mad as the number 4 section in particular is very soft/squeezable!. If you shop around you can get a pretty good price on them too.

Comment

Ive just had a quick look at the X5000... SHEEEEEEEEET.. £2300!!!

My budget if i sell the browning is about a bag of sand.. If i dont then £500 ish...

PS my budget is based on a s/hand pole..

Ian
                Effort = Reward.

Comment

silvers pole

i see there is daiwa 412 up for grabs in the for sale section its says carp pole but believe me these poles will do all you require and more and its a reasonable price too and spares shud not be a problem hope this helps and the best thing is its well with in your budget matey so take a butchershttp://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/tackle_sale/17209-daiwa_412_power_carp_14_5_metres.html there ya go
                  Last edited by chubby chubber; 20 August 2009, 09:42 AM. Reason: added classifieds add

Comment

im sure my Browning Power Carp is very similar to that though bud,

thanks for the advice so far lads..
                    Effort = Reward.

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kent View Post
                      im sure my Browning Power Carp is very similar to that though bud,

thanks for the advice so far lads..
                      have a word with the lad that his selling it he will inform ya better he is a seasoned pro so he wont give ya any bull he will tell you straight imho you wont go far wrong trust me

Comment

just out of interest mate,

how long do you want this pole to be?

if your only going to fish 8 or 10 mtrs

take a look at the daiwa whips, the tourney 10mtr whip can be picked up for around £800 or so if you shop around

and the cheaper option is the Daiwa SR3 8 mtr whip, rrp £150, Ive got one of these and for roach, skimmers, crucians and F1,s its the dogs danglies, stiff in the body, realy light, strong, and comes with 2 tips, one is a flicktip and the other for light laccy,

the top 3 are tele and the other sections take apart, ive put No6 latex in mine and have landed water pigs to 5 or so pound on it, takes a bit longer than a heavier pole but puts a serious grin on your face

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kent View Post
                          Anyone got any advice on which pole to get..?

Im after 14.5 or 16m pole which is best suited to silvers, and maybe a little bit of heavier work.. but not an out and out cruncher, which a majority of pole nowadays seem to be.

My thinking is for a G8 Or something similar.

Ian
                          If you only need 14.5, the Shimano Exage is brilliant. Just need to buy extra match top 3s.
                          But a heck of a lot cheaper than some of the poles mentioned - depends on your budget, but at 13metres there's not that much between poles of a reasonable standard in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X