Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Garbolino G10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbolino G10

Just bought myself a mint condition 2nd hand G10. Would be interested in what your thoughts are on this pole, especially if you use one. How strong are they and are they as good as people say.
    Regards
    Staffy.
    Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect!!
    Face your fears, Live your dreams.

Very strong pole and only probably bettered strength wise by some Tri-cast poles. It is a very stiff pole i found mine too stiff and in the wind there is no give in it and it felt like it was trying to turn me on my box. You will find its not as light as some poles but that is caused by the down force on the pole as it is so stiff. I had a few problems with mine, mainly breaking no5's and i know Joe Carass kept breaking butt sections when fishing for roach as the repeated striking thats done when fishing on the drop caused them to crack due to the lack of give in the pole. In my opinion it is really a carp pole above all else and handled correctly will handle anything. If you want any of the Garbolino 5.5mm PTFE bushes that fit straight into the no2's of the match kit let me know i have 5 un-opened. Did you sell the 995 ??

Comment

Thanks for that Craig, yeah mate i sold the 995, let my mate have it for 500 quid without the top kits. He is made up with it. Ill have them PTFE bushes off you mate. Just pm me your address and ill send you the cash for em.

Would you say the G10 is a good commercial fishery pole then.

Comment

Yes mate its an out and out commercial pole, a bit too rigid for roach fishing etc but a quality pole and really strong. I have PM'd you my address. Craig

Comment

Cheers mate, anyone else got any views on G10.

Comment

G10

Yeah.
            It's not a patch on my 995.
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
              Yeah.
              It's not a patch on my 995.

HAHA, was waiting for you to pipe up, anymore of ya wise cracks and ill be takin it back HAHA.
              Glad ya like it Spadge, and im glad its gone to a good home

Comment

What type of fishing do you do? I've heard they are brilliant for fishing up to islands, far banks or fishing on deck but useless for what I do, tapping and slapping shallow, been told they are too stiff for this and will break regularly! Hope I haven't put you off mate! I was thinking of getting 1 myself before several people put me off and said the 995 was better for shallow fishing! Just hope your a snake lake man!

Comment

Very rarely go slappin Nathan, except on a sat night out . I mainly fish commercials where you fish to far banks and islands or down the margins. Should be ok for that sort of stuff shouldnt it.

Comment

Yeh, I've heard of a lot breaking but the same goes for my Daiwa and I know the after sales service from Garbolino is excellent. And they are nearly a meter longer than a Daiwa! Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                      Yeh, I've heard of a lot breaking but the same goes for my Daiwa and I know the after sales service from Garbolino is excellent. And they are nearly a meter longer than a Daiwa! Good luck and let us know how you get on!
                      Thanks Nathan, fishing Weston Pools with it tommorrow so will let you know how i get on with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X