Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

guru in line feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guru in line feeders

has eny one tryed the guru inline feeders yet i brought the 24g ones today thay dont look to bad what do we think ?

used one for the first time the other week m8, caught steadily ,but got batterd by 30lbof the next peg by vidas using the middy shotgun feeder , with pellets n corn hookbait, may have been on the day but he had a different gear......
    proline match products

Comment

pellet feeders

the pellet feeders mint mate dust your pellets in groundbait and there amazing it helps if you have a 3-4 inch hooklenth. i have tryed them on the river and put groundbait in the pellet feeders and thats good aslong as its only a slow river.

Comment

i think there crap best thing for those guru pellet feeders is a short cast into the bin!
        licence dodger

Comment

I doubt there crap as they have been designed by steve ringer and alex bones, i think i would trust them more than you. i have had over 200lb using the method feeders, not had chance to use the pellet feeders yet but they are going to be just as good. you can tell from the quality and the little things that make a difference.
          Wins For Fun, Somebody Find Me Some Competition!

Comment

i used the guru ones didint really take to them mate i thought they was to heavy for the size of them and lost alot of fish as well so i brought the shotgun elasticated feeders fished a match the week later and won with 93lb, i felt that cause the shotgun was pushin the bait out around the hookbait was better than normal pellet feeders i looked at the video on you chube and was impressed and first time out had that result with them like we can all say it cud be on the day but i felt more positive usin the shotgun ones than the guru and i didnt like the thought of payin 3.50 for a feeder but each to there own
            [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

In my experience i have found the pellets to get trapped in the shotgun feeders, thus pellets not being realised. They're rubbish. You shouldn't be put off buy the Guru ones just because they are more expensive, they are a superior product in my opinion. Each to there own.
              Wins For Fun, Somebody Find Me Some Competition!

Comment

The crap remark may be nearer the truth, my mate Alan dove bought some leads, method feeders and snap swivels, the snap swivels he couldn't open up, the method feeders the vanes kept breaking and the hook kept tangling, I beleive he said there is an anti tangle bit of tubing that is supposed to stop this but it flies off on the cast, with the leads the plastic which holds the leads kept coming adrift, he phoned up guru to register his displeasure apparantly they have had problems with the early leads and altered the fixing to the swivel, the method feeders they didn't or don't believe there is a problem, despite Alans insistance that the vanes snap when they hit the water, and as for the swivels he was advisied to grow longer fingermails so that he can open them up easier, after losing around 6 method feeders due to breakages they thanked him for his comments and sent him one method feeder and a packet of swivels as compensation. Alan wasn't impresed and won't be buying any more gear from guru.

Comment

guru feeders

well my my, all experts are we i have been using guru products for two months without any problems at all,and i need help what about you experts

Comment

hmm yet to try them out. the comment by themanbehindthemask about the middy shotgun feeders not releasing properly is cos you haven't soaked the pellets for the right amount of time - it takes a bit of experimenting to get it right but once you do they are fantastic

Comment

Mmm cant really comment on the guru feeders but i use the middy shotgun feeders and preston elasticated method feeders and find them ok apart from the leads on the shotgun feeders have a tendancy to come off after a while and they arnt very durable but they do get results for me used with scolded and groundbait dusted 4mm pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by tinca1957 View Post
                        well my my, all experts are we i have been using guru products for two months without any problems at all,and i need help what about you experts
                        Yes! i think you will find freds oppinions ARE expert, and well regarded!
                        HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

well well we am all experts if the pellets aint comin out the shot gun feeders then check the soak time or you have pushed them to hard in the feeder so it will take longer for them to release and if people want to jump on the band waggin oooooooooooooooooooooh lets buy guru then fine over priced for the product and when people start loosin ex amount of there feeders and hooks and what ever they will start moanin sod that ill but the shotgun lololololo
                          [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Having tried out both.

IMO I'd say that the Guru ones are a better build quality. the small version have a lovely weight to them and look like they could take some stick.

Where as the Middy ones IMO are a better principle. But flimsy made and too light even fully loaded.

I've been having a play with adding a little extra weight to the Middy ones, just so that when tightening the tip down to them they don't get pulled out of position as easy.

crude but very effect though they may be
                            I'd like to see Middy do an updated version with a little extra weight and possibly a bit more thought put in to them, instead of just an old flimsy block ended feeder hacked to bits with a spring and a couple of dollops of glue added to hold it all together.

just my tuppence worth.

Both have a place in my box at the moment.

Don't knock either till you've tried them

ATB

Comment

Originally posted by blue nose View Post
                              has eny one tryed the guru inline feeders yet i brought the 24g ones today thay dont look to bad what do we think ?
                              i have been using the guru pellet feeders for the last month and had some excellent catches .thats not to say i wouldnt have done the same using my normal feeders .one problem i have had was just this week i was rebaiting my pellet feeder when i noticed that the black shock absober elastic was breaking down and needed replacing .considering the price it shouldnt be doing that so soon after buying .also there was no replacement elastic unlike other feeders you can buy.i am now in the process of replacing the other elastics in my guru feeders. coupling this up with the other problems mentioned on this site by fellow users ,i cant see me buying anymore much as i respect steve ringer.

Comment

Working...
                              X