Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Reel advice (not pretend..ha ha!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel advice (not pretend..ha ha!!)

I want to treat myself to a nice reel. As a beginner I don't want to spend too much. I fish in lakes with a float, for anything I can catch really!! So just a general reel.
    Could anyone advise me on a nice reel please. Probably up to about £50.

Ta
    LadyFish

Reels

Hi Ladyfish!

Have started angling this year myself, fish all styles for all fish - float/feeder/weight - leaning mainly towards specimen fishing though. Invested in a Shimano exage reel - did lots of research beforehand and found this to be a good option as I wanted to limit my costs to less than £50 too. Nice smooth action and retrieval. Bought online (prices vary greatly so fish around a bit - excuse the pun!!). Another that I purchased was one of the entry level Okuma reels (Epix pro) - tried a couple out and was quite impressed with them for the money, and they have a 5 year warranty.

Hope this helps. Be interested to hear what you decide incase you find something better.

80lb haul of carp in a day and only been angling since June! Well chuffed!

Comment

Shakespeare mach 3 front drag 035 reel. Comes with 4 spools, 3 shallow and 1 deep and has 10 BB's. You will not beat it for the price.

They are that good me and my son own 5 of mach reels.
      [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
      106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

I got a shakey mach 3 for my nephew,top reel for the money.

Comment

Same again just purchased a Mach3 top notch for the money.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X