Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bivvies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bivvies

hi all, i'm been looking at buying a bivvy for a while now,and the one that i keep coming back to is the jrc z continental 2 man bivvy. Has anyone out there got one,and are they any good?

Used to have jrc defender,simmilar design,good bivvy and still in use by a friend,a word of warrning,do you realy need a 2 man,you could find as a few of us have in the past you may be limited to certain swims because a 2 man wont fit on a let of pegs,Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

cheers. Good point about the size of a two man bivvy - I hadn't thought of that!

Comment

now the festival season has finished you will finds some quality tents cheap in outdoor shops like millets with lots of choice worth a look???

Comment

Tents can be a cheap alternative,but a few point need to be taken into consideration.tents are designed for camping and bivvies for fishing(theres a few differences in design and function)some venues(mostly carp waters)that dont allow tents,so you would need to consider this before making a purchase.my advice would be to opt for a bivvy unless you only intend on the odd overnight trip.Regards Peter.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Hi M8
            Check out my thread might be what your looking for

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...vy_system.html

Comment

many thanks for that,but the bivvy's on the back burner for a while.

Comment

take a lok at dragon carp they do a bivvy for cheap money it may not last moer than 2 seasons but it is a stop gap
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

AQUA ,AQUA THEN AQUA simples the best and have been for over 20yrs

Comment

Working...
                  X